News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What happens when a Trusted Caller has a European phone number?

Started by RobertThompson, February 01, 2019, 08:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertThompson

Hello:

If I setup an Italian phone number as a Trusted Caller on my Obi here in Canada and they call and press '2' and make a new call, - will they be charged for the long-distance call for calling the 'Trusted Caller phone number?

Thanks,

Rob.

Edit: Does the obi attendant operate in the "Early Media" world?

"Early Media is the ability of two user agents to communicate before a call is actually established."
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

azrobert

They will be charged for an international call when calling your number.

The OBi can be setup for a callback. They call your number, let it ring once and hang up. The OBi will call them back. You will be charged for an international call.

If they have an SIP supported device, they can call the OBi for free. A softphone on a smartphone will work. You register your OBi to a free SIP account (Callcentric has a free account). They call your account with the softphone.

SIP Broker has access numbers in Italy.  You register the OBi to Callcenteric. They call the access number in their country and enter the code (*462) for Callcentric followed by your account number.

Here are the access numbers:
http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers

Here are the provider codes:
http://sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/providerWhitePages

SIP Broker has access numbers for Canada, so you can test this.

I tested SIP Broker access number many many years ago.  It didn't work every time.

drgeoff

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on February 01, 2019, 10:39:56 AM
Quote from: azrobert on February 01, 2019, 10:13:27 AMCallcentric has a free account
Those free accounts end 28 February 2019.

I was referring to the IP Freedom account, not the free DID. I don't think the Freedom accounts are ending.

azrobert

I successfully tested one of SIP Brokers access numbers. Here's what I did:

I registered a Windows softphone (Phonerlite) to my Callcentric IP Freedom account.
I called SIP Broker's Phoenix access number 602-926-7447
After the prompt I enterd *4621777xxxxxxx
It took a few seconds before the Phonerlite started to ring.
Phonerlite received the correct CallerID and had audio in both directions.

I know I didn't test routing a call to the Auto Attendant, but it should work. I don't have Callcentric defined on my OBi and didn't want to make the modifications.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on February 01, 2019, 01:04:26 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on February 01, 2019, 10:39:56 AM
Quote from: azrobert on February 01, 2019, 10:13:27 AMCallcentric has a free account
Those free accounts end 28 February 2019.

I was referring to the IP Freedom account, not the free DID. I don't think the Freedom accounts are ending.
I wasn't aware of those accounts and yes, they don't appear to be ending.

RobertThompson

Quote from: azrobert on February 01, 2019, 10:13:27 AM

The OBi can be setup for a callback. They call your number, let it ring once and hang up. The OBi will call them back.

I am having difficulty in getting my obi110 to make the callback. I can't get "{(1819808NNNN):aa($1)},ph" to stick in my Physical Interfaces --  Line --> InboundCallRoute field. It returns to just "ph" once I do a save & reboot.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob.

azrobert

It looks like you are using the Web interface to update your OBi. After you make a change, OBiTalk will download the saved configuration overlaying your changes. You need to use OBi Expert to make configuration modifications.

You also have a syntax error. It should be:
{(1819808NNNN):aa($1)},{ph}

The {...} is only optional when there is a single rule.

Is the above for testing? You should be checking for an Italian number.

Just to make sure you understand, this is what happens:
The person in Italy calls your number and hangs up.
Your OBi will use your service provider to call the Italian number.
When the person in Italy answers the call they will hear the Auto Attendant prompt.
They enter 2 and a number to make a new call.
The new call will be merged with the callback.
You will be charged for an international call the length of the callback plus the length of the new call.
If the callback takes 1 minute and the new call is 10 minutes long, you will be charged for an 11 minute international call.
You will also be charged for a 10 minute local call.
When you are testing go to Status -> Call Status
You will see the 2 active calls.

RobertThompson

Quote from: azrobert on February 01, 2019, 09:52:10 PM
It looks like you are using the Web interface to update your OBi. After you make a change, OBiTalk will download the saved configuration overlaying your changes. You need to use OBi Expert to make configuration modifications.

You also have a syntax error. It should be:
{(1819808NNNN):aa($1)},{ph}

Thanks, azrobert. :)

I guess I'm not doing it quite right. Using ObiTalk certainly makes the change 'stick' but no callback happens. I checked on the web interface to see the exact format of the incoming call under Call History and it is: 1819808NNNN. Here is an adjusted copy/paste of my entry: {(1819808nnnn):aa($1)},{ph} - there is a red exclamation mark just outside the box.

Maybe I should do a complete paperclip reset and start over?

Rob.
Rob.

azrobert

The OBi110 will use the Auto Attendant settings to route the callback. The Primary Line must point to the trunk you want to use for the callback. The default for the OBi110 is PSTN Line. You probably need to change this to SP1.

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line

If you made any changes to the Phone DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute, you might have to make the same changes for the Auto Attendant.

You can test if the call is being routed to the AA. Just don't hang up after the 1st ring. The callback feature will be bypassed and you will hear the AA prompt.

RobertThompson

"You can test if the call is being routed to the AA. Just don't hang up after the 1st ring. The callback feature will be bypassed and you will hear the AA prompt."

Hi azrobert.

I must be doing something wrong, still. I could not get it to work so I did a paper-clip reset and re-installed my SP's like this:
SP1 is an Anveo Retail Account with E911 and has successfully registered and works as expected.
SP2 is an Extension on my RentPbx Incredible PBX and has successfully registered and works as expected.

SP2 is my Primary Line for Outgoing Calls.

My Physical Interfaces --  Line --> InboundCallRoute = {(1819808NNNN):aa($1)},{ph}

So, when I call my Bell Canada land line, the aa DOES NOT answer.

Any ideas? Do I need to make 1819808NNNN a Trusted Caller as well?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob.

azrobert

QuoteDo I need to make 1819808NNNN a Trusted Caller as well?
No. Trusted Caller will just add code to the inbounds routes to route calls to the AA. It will not have the callback feature. You are doing the same thing with the callback feature.

When a call arrives does it ring the phone port?
NNNN is replaced by the actual number?
Recheck the call history.

Sometimes a DigitMap doesn't work. I assume this is caused by a corrupted configuration. This has happened to me twice. A factory reset has always fixed the problem for me, but you already tried a reset.

Try this (parentheses removed):
{1819808NNNN:aa($1)},{ph}

If that doesn't work try:
{(Mcb):aa($1)},{ph}

User Settings -> User Define Digit Maps -> UDDM2
Label: cb
DigitMap: (1819808NNNN)

RobertThompson

Sorry azrobert, I feel soooooooooo stupid!  :-[

I forgot that my Bell Canada line DOES NOT provide incoming callerid.  :-[  :-[

Can I set callback up on my incoming Anveo DID SP1 and have the callback go out on SP2?

Also, should "Enabled" be checked under Line Port?

Rob.
Rob.

azrobert

Quote from: RobertThompson on February 06, 2019, 12:27:35 PM
Can I set callback up on my incoming Anveo DID SP1 and have the callback go out on SP2?

Also, should "Enabled" be checked under Line Port?

Change the Auto Attendant's Primary Line to SP2
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line

If you want to use the Line Port, Enable must be checked.