News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Upgrade from Obi 110 to Obi 202 - config problems

Started by Doc_Glenn, June 13, 2018, 08:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc_Glenn

A friend had Obi 110 and ran Google Voice and Anveo for 911 service.
Some problems showed up after Obi terminated support for the 110, so I told her to buy 202.
Her old 110 was setup with Google account for config management.
She hooked up the 202 and was able to get GV working, but not Anveo.
From the control panel login she tells me she sees SP1 and SP2, but not SP3 and SP4. So I imagine the entire config might need to be rebuilt.

I'd like help with these things:

• We do not want to use her Google account to authenticate and manage the device anymore. I'd like to change the management to my control. I assume this is just username/password.
  • Do you think I'll need to setup Google Voice manually? It was setup probably 3 years ago and I think there was a wizard setup.
  • What do I need to do to get SP3 and SP4 to show up?

BTW, I have my own Obi 202, possibly 8 years now! Also using GV.
Thanks for your help.

drgeoff

Quote from: Doc_Glenn on June 13, 2018, 08:19:35 AM
A friend had Obi 110 and ran Google Voice and Anveo for 911 service.
Some problems showed up after Obi terminated support for the 110, so I told her to buy 202.
Her old 110 was setup with Google account for config management.
She hooked up the 202 and was able to get GV working, but not Anveo.
From the control panel login she tells me she sees SP1 and SP2, but not SP3 and SP4. So I imagine the entire config might need to be rebuilt.

I'd like help with these things:

• We do not want to use her Google account to authenticate and manage the device anymore. I'd like to change the management to my control. I assume this is just username/password.
  • Do you think I'll need to setup Google Voice manually? It was setup probably 3 years ago and I think there was a wizard setup.
  • What do I need to do to get SP3 and SP4 to show up?

BTW, I have my own Obi 202, possibly 8 years now! Also using GV.
Thanks for your help.
You appear to be somewhat confused.  For example:

1.  If there are only two service provider accounts (GV and Anveo in this case) then only two SPs will be configured.

2.  The Google account does not manage the device configuration.  The Obitalk portal is used to configure the GV account and the Anveo account.  Anyone knowing the username and password of the obitalk account can log in to the portal and manage the device.  Obviously such person will also need access to and/or know various credentials of whatever VoIP services are to be configured on the OBi.

Doc_Glenn

Let me clarify.
She told me she only SEES sp1 and sp2. That is to say that she does not see sp3 and sp4 at all - NOT that she sees them, but they're unconfigured. That makes me think that when she logged into her account, it loaded the old Obi 110 config. Mind you I haven't visited yet, so I can't be positive that's what she sees.

And the problem with the login/management account is that ObiHai offered an option to establish your management account using your Google account - that is to say, that is her login for device management (mine, too, but a different account). Obi presumably did this in order to make the Google Voice config simpler. So I would like to create a different login for device management. I'm just slightly worried about getting into a pickle.

drgeoff

The 202 will not appear on the portal until it is registered with the portal by clicking on "Add device" which will return 4 digits and instructions to dial **5 followed by those four digits.  That can only be done using a phone plugged in to the 202 so only she can do that.  Has she passed that step successfully?

If yes then the 202 (and the 110 if not yet deleted) will appear on separate lines - see the screenshot.  Clicking on the "Expand" at the end of the 202's line will show the four SPs.  (I don't have a 202 so my screenshot shows the 6 of an OBi1032.)

Clicking the plain cogwheel on the 110's line will bring up a screen like the second screenshot with a "Delete" button.  Clicking that will deregister the 110 and it will disappear from the portal.

I cannot give you a trustworthy answer about changing from logging in to the portal  using Google credentials to email address and password.