News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Manage remote Obi with Google account login? Or replace my account credentials?

Started by Doc_Glenn, June 14, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc_Glenn

When you first create an account with ObiHai, they recommend using Google for login - this has nothing to do with using Google Voice, it's just to establish your device management.
Now I want to manage not only my Obi 202, but another one located at a friend's house. Hers is also managed under her own Google account.

What will it take to enable me to manage both devices from one account? I cannot login with her Google credentials. I suspect I will have to follow these steps:

1. Register a new account with username/password.
2. Login with my Google account. Delete device.
3. Login with new username account. Add device.
Go to friend's house. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

I suppose I could just login with my current Google credentials and add her device, but then she would not be able to perform any management, since she can't login with my Google identity.

Advice please?

SteveInWA

Hi:

Yes, you've got it.  Just to restate, you need to first delete an OBi device off of one OBiTALK dashboard, before it will let you add it to another one. 

Caution:  I believe that doing this will wipe out all the settings on the device when it is added to the new OBiTALK account (it's treated as if it was a new device).  So, make note of any custom settings you've made, and be prepared to set up the SPs again.