News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OB200 - keypad entries during call do not work

Started by ar2020, June 19, 2018, 04:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ar2020

I have configured my OB200 with Google Voice firmware v3.2.2.  

Two way voice communication seems to work but the keypad entries during the call do not work.
If the caller asks for instance press 1 or press 2, my response keypad entries do not seem to get transmitted to the caller.  So, it is impossible to communicate with any automated phone service.  

For some other phone systems, they refer to DTMF settings for a similar problem.  But I can't find any reference to that in the OBI documentation. I use Comcast service. I have tested with at least two different phone sets and  verified that there is a problem.

SteveInWA

You need to go to your OBiTALK dashboard, click your OBi device, get into Expert configuration mode, then go to the section indicated in my screenshot, make the change, and submit.  In my screenshot example, I am using Google Voice on SP4.  You are likely using it on SP1.  Make the edit to the correct SP.

ar2020

Thanks a lot Steve.  It seems to work now.  Frankly, I am not sure what is the status of those check boxes now because updating (by submitting a change in)  the expert mode renders the device in a flaky mode where the connection to GV stops working. So I had to set/reset the check boxes several times. But it looks like your advice steered something in the phone configuration that made it work now.

Also, I think references to group A, B, C, and D corresponds to setting of SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4.  I think!

SteveInWA

Yes, A-D apply to SP1--SP4.  Beats me why they make it obscure.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 19, 2018, 10:31:19 PM
Yes, A-D apply to SP1--SP4.  Beats me why they make it obscure.

A-D do not necessarily apply to SP1--SP4.

There is no requirement that Voice Services be mapped 1:1 to Service Providers.  It is quite possible to have multiple Voice Services use a common Service Provider.  An extreme case is SP1 to SP4 all using Service Provider A.

RFC3261

Beats me why they make it obscure.
It provides an abstraction that is useful some of the time for some of the people(*).  And can confuse the heck out of people that are not steeped in the arcane.

(*) When the going get tough, add another layer of indirection/abstraction.

SteveInWA

Quote from: RFC3261 on June 20, 2018, 09:27:12 AM
It provides an abstraction that is useful some of the time for some of the people(*).  And can confuse the heck out of people that are not steeped in the arcane.

That was my point.  Regardless of the fact that you can shuffle service providers, they could have at least used numerals instead of letters.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 20, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: RFC3261 on June 20, 2018, 09:27:12 AM

That was my point.  Regardless of the fact that you can shuffle service providers, they could have at least used numerals instead of letters.
In my view, that would have been even more confusing. Doubtless SteveInWA is not the only person who has a different view.  :)