News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 & GV: No incoming ring, Outgoing works

Started by GlenR, June 20, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenR

This is a new OBi200 and GV setup.  (Ported home phone number)

Outgoing calls work. Incoming calls get "number not in service".  Following self-troubleshooting process, there is no Google Chat to delete.  I don't see how to make it appear.

Help!

RFC3261

Quote from: GlenR on June 20, 2018, 06:14:34 AM
If this is a new port, I have seen cases where the call routing can take a bit of time to settle through the various systems (and typically one goes from landline to mobile provider to GV, all of which have various delays).  How long have the various ports been marked as complete?

zsak23

Since it is an OBi200 there is no Google Chat, it should be OBiTALK.

SteveInWA

Quote from: GlenR on June 20, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

Outgoing calls work. Incoming calls get "number not in service".  Following self-troubleshooting process, there is no Google Chat to delete.  I don't see how to make it appear.

Help!

This very likely has nothing to do with your OBi device.

If you received the email from Google less than 24 hours ago, that your port was complete, then it could take some additional time for inbound call routing to be moved over to Google's carrier.

You can easily test this.  Sign into your Google account and go to Google Voice settings. 

https://voice.google.com/settings

Turn on do not disturb mode.  Call your Google Voice number from some other, unrelated phone number.  If you get an error message, then the port hasn't truly completed yet.  Be patient and wait another day.

If the call successfully completes by the time you read this and try the test, then it's finished.

GlenR

It was a new port within the last 24hrs.  It is interesting however that the problem resolved within seconds of deleting a "linked" cell phone.  (i.e. my android cellphone which has my gmail account associated with Google Voice)  For the record, that "linked phone" was de-selected everywhere even before I deleted it as a phone on the Google Voice page. Possibly chance but amazing timing if so.

OBi should update self-troubleshooting.  Google Voice support says there is no "Google Chat" anymore which is central to the OBi "self-troubleshoot" action chain.  If this Google Chat change was today, I must have the most unlucky timing in the history of OBi/Google Voice integration.  {Big grin}

Thanks for the quick feedback and suggestions!  It's working now.
Glen

SteveInWA

Yes, it was an amusing coincidence.  There have been a lot of delayed routing issues after porting lately.

Thanks for the mention of the outdated troubleshooting instructions.  I sent a note to my contact at Polycom to get it edited out.