News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues Making/Receiving Calls

Started by wpollock, July 09, 2018, 08:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpollock

I live in Austin,Texas and am unable to make or receive calls through google voice. Is anyone else in my area or elsewhere currently having the same problems?

Thanks

lrosenman

I'm not.  I'm also in the Austin, TX area... I'm willing to come over and help if you'd like.

wpollock

So today I was able to successfully complete one outgoing call to prefix 866(toll free) but when making non-toll free outbound calls I hear from one to six rings,the party answers but I can't hear them on my end.i am able to receive and hear incoming calls. Any thoughts on my issues?

thanks

lrosenman

what firmware rev is your OBI on?

wpollock

While searching for possible work arounds regarding this issue I found the following suggestion;
dial your 10 digit google voice number,press the number 2,dial the 10 digit number you want to call then press #.I tried it and while it took me several attempts to get to the prompt to tell me how to place a call it did work. The site where I found this says the issue is google voice transitioning from XMPP protocol features and moving everyone to GV-SIP protocol.

jupiterstation

On Google Voice do you have the Google Chat link or SIP? I had a problem while having the Google Chat link with the latest firmware. Now with the SIP link all seems good.