News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Message waiting indicator won't clear

Started by dksh, August 31, 2011, 10:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dksh

Simple setup: one OBi 110 with Google Voice as SP1.

I had initially turned on the message waiting indicator, but it would never turn off when there were no unread messages unless I did a reboot. I decided I don't need that message waiting indicator. But I can't clear it from my phone!

I even went so far as to delete the OBi, performed a factory reset, re-added the OBi and re-added my GV account. I pulled the battery on the phone. I called GV and heard the message that there are no unread messages. I rebooted the phone multiple times.

The phone is still flashing and it's driving me absolutely nuts! Can anyone offer advice?

RonR

Log into your Google Voice account and make sure there is nothing in the InBox (read or unread).  The OBi has particular problems when there are text messages (read or unread) in the Google Voice InBox.

dksh

There is absolutely nothing unread in my Inbox. There are many unread in the Trash, so I'm cleaning that up, but it was my understanding that the Trash contents wouldn't affect it.

RonR

Log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  You cannot do this from the OBi Web Portal as the needed setting does not exist there.

Disable Auto Provisioning and reboot.

Go to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

and uncheck the Default checkbox and click Submit.  Unplug the power from the OBi.  With the OBi powered off, clear the Message Waiting Indicator on the phone.  If the Message Waiting Indicator on the phone returns with the OBi powered off, the problem obviously isn't with the OBi.  Plug the OBi back into power and go back to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

If the checkbox immediately to the right of this setting becomes checked and your phone again reports Message Waiting, it's the OBi that's turning it on.  If the checkbox stays unchecked, the phone should not turn on its Message Waiting indicator.

dksh

Thank you! It was my phone, not the OBi.