News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

603 Media Inactivity on outbound calls.

Started by lrosenman, July 11, 2018, 12:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrosenman

Is there a timeout setting somewhere in the Obi for this?

Call 1   07/11/2018    13:58:22   
13:58:22   From 'GV-LER' SP3(1001)   To SP1(XXXXXXXXXX)
13:58:23      Ringing
13:58:46      Call Ended (603 media inactivity)

Never gets to voicemail, and it's quite annoying.

SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

lrosenman

Is there an easy way of seeing which of the Endpoints is sending the 603?

lrosenman

Also, it appears that the Google Voice side goes "busy" for a period of time after this 603.  Where you can't make a call out (Fast Busy).

ygpp

i have same problem....have you found a solution

lrosenman

No.  I'm still waiting for someone to give me a clue.

ygpp

so when this happens i cant make a call for 10 minutes or so.....does that happen to you?

lrosenman

Quote from: lrosenman on July 13, 2018, 02:41:02 PM
Also, it appears that the Google Voice side goes "busy" for a period of time after this 603.  Where you can't make a call out (Fast Busy).

yes.

Abestock

The SIP Media Inactivity Timer feature enables Obi gateways to monitor and disconnect Voice-over-IP (VoIP) calls if no Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP) packets are received within a configurable time period.
When RTCP reports are not received by a the gateway, the SIP Media Inactivity Timer feature releases the hung session and its network resources in an orderly manner. These network resources include the gateway digital signal processor (DSP) and time-division multiplexing (TDM) channel resources that are utilized by the hung sessions. Because call signaling is sent to tear down the call, any stateful SIP proxies involved in the call are also notified to clear the state that they have associated with the hung session. The call is also cleared back through the TDM port so that any attached TDM switching equipment also clears its resources.

You need to log into your Obi via Obitalk, choose your required ISTP (A,B,C or D) Profile - RTCP. Default is NOT enabled, uncheck and click on Enable. This should successfully tear down the call if a 603 error occurs within 10 seconds.

zapattack

Quote from: lrosenman on July 31, 2018, 12:04:26 PM
Quote from: lrosenman on July 13, 2018, 02:41:02 PM

yes.
GV goes busy after almost any active call.
In the GV SP General enable:
X_EarlyICEEnable         X
X_EarlyICEEnableIn         X
X_ICEExpires         20
X_ICEExpiresIn                  10

Under SPx Service
X_KeepAliveEnable         x
X_KeepAliveExpires            15
It may help.

ygpp

i still have yet to find a solution to this.  is there an obi media activity timer anywhere?  the abestock post above was a cut and paste from a cisco document....don't understand why someone would post that.

ygpp

solution

Unfortunately, the Expert interface lacks the ability to enable X_EarlyICEEnableIn, and without this feature being enabled unanswered outbound calls will generate an error 503 after approximately 22 seconds of unanswered ringing, effectively denying access to most voicemail systems and answering machines. Because of this, I recommend disabling Auto Provisioning and using the built-in web server to configure your OBi. However, if you still prefer the online Expert interface, X_EarlyICEEnableIn may be enabled via the built-in web server and the rest configured via obitalk.com.