News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

configure Obi200 on Obitalk dashboard for Callcentric

Started by mo832, July 22, 2018, 08:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

I was recently trying to add my callcentric DID account to my new Obi200 after having it on a Obi100 for the last few years. I remember using "generic" provider last time, but now there is an entry for Callcentric, so I chose that. After putting in my 1777 number and my sip pw, it was "not connected". I changed the default "callcentric.com" to "in.callcentric.com" after reviewing my previous settings and notes. It then registered.

So my question is for future use in case I ever need to change settings:

++++  Is the obitalk pre-filled setting wrong, or should it have simply worked with the default address as well as the "in.callcentric.com" (either/or) ?   Is it better to use the generic sp link, and just fill in the info manually?

ProfTech

If you use the expert mode of the portal you can view the settings that the portal is actually using and are able to make changes if necessary. I have (1) Obi 100, (1) Obi 110, and (2) Obi 200's running Callcentric all configured either by hand or by using the expert mode and all use sip.callcentric.com.

mo832

Quote from: ProfTech on July 23, 2018, 08:09:56 AM
If you use the expert mode of the portal you can view the settings that the portal is actually using and are able to make changes if necessary. I have (1) Obi 100, (1) Obi 110, and (2) Obi 200's running Callcentric all configured either by hand or by using the expert mode and all use sip.callcentric.com.

That's odd. I just looked in there and it shows callcentric.com in 2 or 3 places. The pre-filled form to add a sp used callcentric.com, but it did not work. Then I manually changed it to in.callcentric.com and it registered and I was good to go. Now the entries in obi expert mode show just callcentric.com, while yours shows sip.callcentric.com...

Hmmm....

ProfTech

Like I said, I didn't use the wizard to set any of mine up. It has been 5 or 6 years since I set them up but the best I can remember there was a bug with using callcentric.com that won't let your Obi register in certain cases. I'm pretty sure if you check Callcentric's web pages they tell you to use sip.callcentric.com. I'm guessing you being unable to register at all was probably temporary. I've seen where you have to change your sip password on the CC web page first, then change it in the Obi then reboot your Obi before it will register.

SteveInWA

There are currently no bugs or other issues with adding Callcentric numbers via the OBiTALK portal.  I do a large amount of testing on multiple OBiTALK devices, frequently setting up three different CC DIDs per device, and it always works correctly.  There is no need to change any expert settings.  It simply works.

If I could post a $#@! screenshot, I'd show you that the default settings use "callcentric.com" for the SIP server.