News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about OBiTalk and Google Voice

Started by olrowdy01, July 23, 2018, 11:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

QuoteCould you post which settings and where to change them please?

The last rule in the Phone DigitMap is (Mpli). This will include the primary line's DigitMap rules. The changes need to be made in the primary lines digit map. Assuming your primary line is SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Or to add 7 digit dialing. Replace AAA with your local area code.
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1AAA>xxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

The catch all "xx." has been removed, so you will need to add additional rules if the above doesn't meet your requirements.

drgeoff

Quote from: olrowdy01 on July 28, 2018, 08:34:16 PM
This is from a 7/10/2015 post by a UK user about the delay he was having when setting up his OBi202 for his carrier.

"Try this: To prevent delays in inbound ringing Set Physical Interfaces ~ Line Port ~ Ring Delay to 400."

I looked in my OBi202 settings and the terminology must have been changed since I don't see a "Ring Delay" box to change. Thank you for the information you've given me (and "us" for later readers) so far.
That setting is only applicable when using a POTS line with the OBi. Unless you have an OBiLINE plugged in to your OBi202 you don't have a LINE port.

The setting is to give the OBi time to get the incoming Caller ID. In the US Caller ID is sent between the first and second ring. In the UK it is sent before the first ring, hence the setting can be much shorter.

With VoIP, Caller ID arrives as part of the SIP signalling so none of the above applies.

olrowdy01

Quote from: azrobert on July 28, 2018, 10:56:22 PM
QuoteCould you post which settings and where to change them please?
[/size]

The last rule in the Phone DigitMap is (Mpli). This will include the primary line's DigitMap rules. The changes need to be made in the primary lines digit map. Assuming your primary line is SP1:

I changed the setting as you instructed above.  When I first got to Profile A I noticed the box to enable it wasn't set.  The other Profiles did have the boxes enabled.  I inputted the dialing info and clicked the enable box.  I don't remember the exact wording but the next msg was to reset or reboot the OBi.  I unplugged the power cord, waited ~15 seconds and plugged it back in.

Should I have NOT pulled the plug to cause the 202 take the new dial plan and used some star code instead?

When I looked at Profile A again to make sure it was enabled ... it was NOT.  So I enabled it and again rebooted(?) the 202 and that time the enabled stayed. All the other Profiles had the new dial plan and were enabled too.

On making a call to a Sunday closed business I heard NO ring sound after pressing the 10th digit on the phone keypad. After the usual 5 second delay the store answering machine started so the phone is working & I hung up.

I tried to go back into the OBi202 setup screen and the 202 refused to open with the following browser message:

"The connection has timed out
The server at 192.168.1.76 is taking too long to respond etc etc."

After not being able to get into the 202 I went through the reset procedure of deleting the 202 from my account dashboard and then re-added it etc.

Now when I make a call it takes the usual 5 seconds for the ringing to start so the 202 did go back to the initial settings.
* but *
I still can NOT get into the 202 setup screen using the same ***1 code response address [now] that the 202 used when I first started using it

Now what to do to fix that? 

Try another remove the 202 and set it up again?  Maybe use the bottom button to reset it several times with the LAN cable disconnected after OBiTalk has reset it?

[Edit]I just realized that I DID NOT do step 2 of the instructions to use the bottom reset button!  I used some old instructions I found on the forum said to use a star code. 

That hopefully is why I can't get into the 202 right now.  I'll post the results of after I do another delete 202 etc etc.  Sorry 'bout that.

2nd edit ..... Finished using reset on bottom of 202 to reset it. I still hear no ringing after 5 seconds and I still can't log into the OBi202 device.  :-(
Any advice will be most welcome. [/Edit]

I must say it's not that intuitive to know when some of these resets etc are finished.

olrowdy01

Got OBi202 to open the setup page.

Perhaps the following details will help other people with a similar problem if they come across this post later.

After I did the OBi202 factory reset with the OBi202 push button my Internet browser couldn't link with the 202 because the OBi202 factory reset caused the RG  (as AT&T calls the gateway) to issue a new IP to the OBi202.  I had assumed the OBi202 IP address was static and being set by the 202.

I found out what happened by using ***1 and then going into the RG (that's what AT&T calls the gateway) to look at the addresses of the attached network devices.  I found two entries for the OBi202 with different IPs.

I got them to coexist by rebooting both the RG & 202 by un-pluging the power plugs to the RG and the 202.  Then I plugged the RG in first and let it boot.  I then plugged in the 202 and after it booted the two devices are now talking to each other again so I can get into the setup of the 202. 

I still don't have any ring sounds for 5 seconds after pressing the last digit when I place a call.  So back to fixing that.

drgeoff

You appear to be making configuration changes using the 202's onboard web server.  Unless you have disabled Obitalk Provisioning the changes will sooner or later (in the case of rebooting, immediately) by the settings on the portal.  I recommend you use Expert mode on the portal to make all changes.  Note that you need to clear both tick boxes at the right hand side of a line before it will become editable.

olrowdy01

Quote from: drgeoff on July 30, 2018, 02:29:05 AM
You appear to be making configuration changes using the 202's onboard web server.  Unless you have disabled Obitalk Provisioning the changes will sooner or later (in the case of rebooting, immediately) by the settings on the portal. 

When I first got the OBi202 I made screen shots of every page of the device setups.  At that time I noticed that the Provisioning was set to either 'Disabled' or 'Periodically' with no enable tick mark.  And it is now set to Periodically & disabled after the factory reset. 

Seems to me that it ought to be enabled but then making any changes is futile in the long run.  I would guess that a re-provisioning is similar to a firmware update and wouldn't happen too often.  If it was only once a year I could just put the new dial plan back in afterwards.  i.e. Once I/we find one that works.

I haven't changed anything other than trying azrobot's dial plan for 10 digits to the A Profile hoping it would speed up the start of dialing.  Before I made his change I was hearing dialing rings.

The OBiTalk test call 222 etc answers immediately when dialed and works OK.

I recommend you use Expert mode on the portal to make all changes.  Note that you need to clear both tick boxes at the right hand side of a line before it will become editable.
OK, I'll certainly do that.

I also notice that the ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap  does not have the enable box tick mark after the reset.  All the other Profiles do have the tick mark.  azrobot said to modify the A profile which I did and ticked the enable box to make it active.  After I did that all the Profiles had the new dial setting and were enabled.

Should I just set the A Profile to not enabled and when I put the new dial plan in Profile A?  I realize that it gets propagated to all the others from the A Profile.

Is it proper to disconnect only the 12v power for 15-20 seconds to cause the 202 to reboot?

I haven't looked up the star code for that yet.  I had the impression you could reset and clear only some things.  Not knowing what those things do I decided to just pull the power plug.

Thanks again for everyone's help, it is certainly appreciated.

I haven't had the time to search a lot on the forum to see if there is a sticky with some of my questions already answered.  I'll do that later today.  I'm still getting used to how this forum works for posting etc.  It's quite different from several of the others I'm on (giving advice, not taking up people's time with questions that have probably been answered over and over again).

drgeoff

When you:

change settings using the onboard web server you click submit at the bottom of the page.  There will then be a "Reboot" button in the top right corner.  Haven't you noticed that?

change settings using the portal you click submit and your OBi will reboot automatically shortly thereafter.

olrowdy01

Quote from: drgeoff on July 30, 2018, 08:18:03 AM
When you:

change settings using the onboard web server you click submit at the bottom of the page.  There will then be a "Reboot" button in the top right corner.  Haven't you noticed that?

change settings using the portal you click submit and your OBi will reboot automatically shortly thereafter.
Yes I did that.  Otherwise nothing was going to happen.

But not knowing the sequence of the 202 LED flashing while rebooting I didn't know what or when it actually finished re-booting.  So after about 7 minutes I unplugged it to make sure.  And the change was made.

Next time I'll go do something else for awhile while it does the magic.    ;D

drgeoff

The reboot itself completes in well under a minute.  It starts immediately (unless a call is in progress) when you click the reboot button on the onboard GUI.  Takes a variable bit longer to start the reboot when using the portal.

No need to power cycle in either case.

olrowdy01

Quote from: azrobert on July 28, 2018, 10:56:22 PM

I only inputted the above plan in the ITSP Profile A area.  Do I also have to make the dial plan change in the "Physical Interfaces/PHONE1 Port"?  Or does it get changed to match the Profile A change?  I didn't check that when I made the first attempt to shorten the dial ringing.

I think my OBi202 is possessed.
I'm sure that last night I didn't hear any dial rings after the reset when I called a local inactive phone number.  When I just tried it again I did hear ringing!  The AT&T voice message "person" answered the phone after a few rings.

Then I placed a call to a live phone, the person I called obviously heard ringing (which I didn't hear) and picked up the phone sooner than the inactive phone number.

Perhaps the 202 is starting the call but ringing doesn't start in my phone for awhile after the dialing has started.  I don't call with extensions added to the phone number or 4 or 7 digit numbers etc etc.

I just need a shorter 10 digit 'S' time somewhere in the 202 to start the ringing and stop checking everywhere else.