News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone not ringing! But I can make calls...

Started by luckycat007, August 01, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckycat007

I have an obi200.. up until a few days ago everything was fine, I've been using an obi100/200 for the past 5 years and have had no issues in the past configuring these devices.

I just removed my sp1/sp2, reconfigured both, reset the obi..rebooted the network.

My Google Hangouts ring, but my home phone does not ring, nothing happens...

But people can call us, no problems. 

Any suggestions?

drgeoff

Please do not post the same in more than one section of the forum.

Ribick

I had this issue also, I had to go to my GV settings, then click on transfer, then click on calls, and turn off call screening. After that it started ringing again.

luckycat007

I checked these settings as well, and already had call screening off..did you make any other changes to get your phones to ring again?

SteveInWA

Try this:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14643.msg93013#msg93013

Please post a reply here after going through the procedure, to let me know if it fixed the problem or not.

luckycat007

Thanks for this -- so.. instead of switching from one account to another, I went to the Transfer menu, and just de-selected the OBITalk device, waited a few seconds, then re-selected the OBITalk device...now phones work. 

SteveInWA

Do you mean that you were on the Google Voice website settings page, and you removed and restored the check mark to the left of the number (old, Legacy GV website) or toggled the switch off and on again on the new GV website settings page?

Redw00d

People here are just Begging for answers... many many threads on:

200/202 doesn't ring... but, outbound calls ok...

I have spent another morning, creating new google talk number/account, etc, etc...

COULD SOMEONE FROM OBIHAI JUST BE HONEST AND COME HERE AND SAY, WE DON'T KNOW, ITS NOT WORKING, YES YOU BOUGHT A NEW DEVISE THAT PROMISED TO WORK WITH GOOGLE TALK, BUT, IT DOESN'T, AND WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS... PLEASE, JUST BE HONEST, STOP WITH THE BS POSTS ABOUT, BE MORE SPECIFIC, ETC... USERS ARE TRYING, BUT, NO FIXES , OH WELL