News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Administrator Password

Started by KevinK, January 29, 2017, 08:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinK

I was looking on the web portal of the Obi200 and saw under "System Management" and then "Device Admin" that the "UserPassword" was set as "Default" but the "AdminPassword" had the "Default" box unchecked.

Is there a way to show what the actual passwords are, as they appear as only dots?  The "Default" for the "UserPassword" shows four dots, so I think that password was "user" also.  The "AdminPassword" shows 8 dots, which isn't any password that I'm remembering and apparently isn't "admin".

So what will happen if I set the "AdminPassword" back to "Default"?  Will it then be set as "admin"?

And if the "AdminPassword" is different, how is it that I can apparently log in, using "User: admin" and "Password: admin"?

azrobert

From the Dashboard click the gear ICON to the right of your OBi. See Webpage Admin Password. Set the password there. I never tried setting the password from OBi Expert.

derfk

This posting may be "old," but I can tell you that as of Jan 2019 it is still question is still relevant, and the solution is working great!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  :) :-*