News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Export obi config via obitalk

Started by brav, September 12, 2011, 02:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brav

i'm managing several obi boxes across different network--some where i haven't setup port forwarding so i can't directly access the obi boxes. so i use obitalk web interface to make changes, but i was wondering if there was a way to export config using the webpage.

thanks!

RonR

You cannot backup the OBi's configuration from the OBiTALK Web Portal.

You must access the OBi directly to do do:

System Management -> Device Update -> Backup Configuration

ShermanObi

Exporting a config via the OBiTALK OBi Expert pages is something we are studying for future inclusion on OBiTALK web portal.

The OBi Expert Configuration pages can be used to upload (or import) a saved xml configuration to a remote OBi.  The xml config is saved locally, via the OBi device web page.  This 'generic' config can then be used with the OBi Expert Import function to update any OBi for which you have OBiTALK control with a configuration specific to your organization.  The OBiTALK portal can then be used to bring specific devices into service with individual usernames and passwords using the OBiTALK device configuration page or its associated OBi Expert configuration pages.