News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Interface Suggestion

Started by BPMNYC, September 06, 2011, 12:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPMNYC

I believe that the interface for the ObiExpert would be much easier to understand if some different input methods were created.

Combo dropdowns instead of just a text box. Something like this http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/overview/defaultcs.aspx.  This could create a much more intuitive interface.  Like:
It is a great product. I believe that with a bit of work, it could have an interface that would fit every size.

Google Voice | User Choice *
SIP              | ObiTalk Default

Instead of selecting an option button like exists, you would choose from a list. That list would show a label that was associated with the selection. What is in Obi now for SignalingProtocol is a great example. For the Device Default, it seems maybe "Current Selection, or a user defined label would be good. Then you could have * next to the one that was in use. By using dropdowns like this, it would allow for a lot more space to view the selection. Therefore, for long logic statements, you could see more of what is going on. I don't believe changes like this would increase the size of the file to be written much, if any. The data dictionary could be stored in the cloud and you only write the value requested.

It is a great product. I believe with out much work, it could have an interface that would be good for all kinds of users.

Ostracus

How about a simple "show password" button in either interface? Makes it easier to diagnose "you typed in that long and complicated password wrong" failures.