News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Voicemail causes current call to disconnect

Started by evrk, September 08, 2011, 08:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evrk

Hi everyone. I'm having some issues with my obihai and GV.

First off, I think it is pretty well established that a voicemail takes a couple of minutes to show up / be accessible -- i.e. if someone calls and leaves a message, my dial tone won't indicate a voicemail is there for around a couple of minutes. Similarly, if I delete all my voicemails, my dial tone will continue to indicate that there are existing voicemails for a couple of minutes.

The problem I'm experiencing is that if I am on a call when this update occurs, the call disconnects.

Here are the two situations that illustrate this:
1. I'm on a call and receive a 2nd call from someone, I hear the sound to indicate call waiting. If I ignore the 2nd call and let it go to voicemail and the person leaves a message, the first call will disconnect when the message shows up (approximately two minutes after they finish leaving the voicemail).

2. Alternatively, if I listen to a voicemail and delete it, then make a call to someone, about two minutes later the call disconnects.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions of what to try?
My obi110 is updated to the latest firmware.

RonR

Have you tried a different telephone connected to the OBi in case it's your telephone that's dropping the call when it's sent the Message Waiting signal and not the OBi that's doing the disconnecting?