News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 light out

Started by Angelc19, September 21, 2018, 05:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelc19

Phone 1 on my obi 202 will not work for out bound calls, incoming calls ok.
Phone 2 works fine.
Only 3 light on obi lighted, was 4.
Have Anveo on sp2 and generic on sp3, have switched around, which ever is on phone 1, no out bound calls, get error message and called phone doesn't ring.
Any help, would be appreciated. Thanks

Angelc19

dboling

Go to the OBITalk portal and make sure the service providers you configured are either connected or registered, if they are then click on the device name and go to the bottom of the page where it says Phone Port Configuration Summary.

Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to for phone 1 should list the SP you want Phone 1 to use for dial out. If it's incorrect, you can correct it by going into the Expert Configuration menu under: Physical Interfaces>Phone 1>PrimaryLine 
-Diane

Angelc19

In port configuration. It shows that sp2 is on phone 1 but phone 1 LED light does not light up. Phone 2 light is working OK

dboling

Quote from: Angelc19 on September 24, 2018, 02:21:57 AM
Would a factory reset work?

It's wouldn't hurt to try.
you should completely start over by deleting your device from the OBITalk portal.
-Diane

Angelc19

Thanks to Circlenet. They were able to port my number from Vestalink.
I did a factory re set thru the phone and all lights working.
I will be testing for a few days and will try hooking up a Fax machine.

dboling

Quote from: Angelc19 on September 30, 2018, 03:07:52 AM
I will be testing for a few days and will try hooking up a Fax machine.

I have an OLD hp7280 all-in-one setup to fax on my OBI202.
It's plugged into Phone2 and has it's own Google voice account.

The OBI202 was able to send and receive faxes without the need to change any settings.

You can use hp fax back service to test if your fax is working. Here's the link to the service https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00259105

-Diane