News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple OBi Devices in Single vs Multiple Web Portal Accounts

Started by NerdUno, February 13, 2011, 05:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdUno

Is there some advantage in setting up multiple OBi devices in a single web portal account as opposed to creating a separate account for each device? It looks like you only get one Soft Phone per web portal account. Correct? So, if multiple OBi devices are set up in a single account, then you're limited to using a single iPhone, iPad, Android Device, or PC to access ALL of the OBi devices set up in each web portal account even if you have a half dozen OBi devices. Am I missing something??

jimates

the softphone is actually what you get when you sign up with Obitalk. You can sign up many times and have many softphones, without having any Obi devices added to any account.

Adding your Obi device is secondary to having an Obitalk account, which is actually only a softphone.

NerdUno

I understand that the Soft Phone goes with the OBiTalk account. My question goes more to whether there are advantages in combining OBi devices in a single account vs. using multiple accounts where each one would have a separate Soft Phone.

OBi-Guru

The idea with the softphone is more for an individual account.  Each user will have its own account on the softphone.

A user could own a number of OBi devices, and if the user wants to share with others, just invite to the CoT.
So ideally, the most expert user can "own" all the OBi devices, and invite others who only have softphones to the CoT.

The OBi devices could live all around the world - in Australia, China, India, Spain, USA.  OBiTALK will connect them accordingly.