News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Buzzing Noise in Line During Call

Started by amrutsevak, September 10, 2011, 06:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amrutsevak

I'm switching from Vonage to Obi+GV.

With Vonage, sound quality is clear. No line noise.

With Obi+GV, I'm getting a continuous buzzing noise after I dial and during the conversation. It's very annoying.

The other party doesn't hear it but I do. This doesn't happen with Vonage.

1) Is anyone having the same line noise as I am?

2) Is there any way to fix this or should I return it to Amazon for a new one?

drlelong

I'm having this same issue.  I'm using Broadvoice with the OBi.  I was using a Linksys WRTP54G with Broadvoice with no line noise issues, but the device was dropping calls.

Now, I don't drop any calls, but there is significant line noise on the OBi, especially, when I'm using a Plantronics headset.

Please advise.

Thanks!

David

infin8loop

Quote from: drlelong on September 13, 2011, 02:39:34 PM
...there is significant line noise on the OBi, especially, when I'm using a Plantronics headset.

I pick up a radio station when using a Plantronics M175C headset.  It was doing that before the OBi110.   I'm pretty sure in this particular instance, it's not the voices in my head because the person on the other end of calls can hear the radio station too.   The box says "Made for the first moon landing" and "Made in Mexico". I must have missed the Mexican moon landing.  Probably landed in a converted '78 Chevy Nova.  Actually, I owned a '78 Chevy Nova bought new which pretty much tells you how my youth was going at the time.  It's always something.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher