News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 302 Lines 1 and 2 ring simultaneously

Started by bcody, June 21, 2019, 02:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcody

Have a two port obihai 302.

I have line one registered with a sip proxy for a specific account and line 2 with another account on the same proxy.

Outbound calls router correctly, however, inbound calls cause lines 1 and 2 to ring together. How can I treat each port as its own trunk group?

Thank you

drgeoff

1. You are confusing lines with phone ports.

2. When you configure a SP using the portal there are tick boxes to choose which phone ports will ring on incoming calls.

bcody

I have port 1 configured for SP1 and Port 2 configured for SP2.

So it is something inside the port configuration or the SP config?

drgeoff

Quote from: bcody on June 21, 2019, 03:28:18 PM
I have port 1 configured for SP1 and Port 2 configured for SP2.

So it is something inside the port configuration or the SP config?
You do not "have port 1 configured for SP1 and Port 2 configured for SP2".

For outgoing calls either phone port can use any of the 4 SPs on a call by call basis. You probably have the Primary Line for Phone port 1 set to SP1 and for Phone port 2 set to SP2. Primary Line is the default SP for an outgoing call that will be used if another SP is not forced eg by prefixng the number by **1 through **4.

For incoming calls each of SP1 through SP4 can be configured to ring either Phone port 1 or Phone port 2 or both. Use the dashboard to reconfigure and tick only the needed boxes.

If you are using Expert mode on the portal or the local web interface of the 202 itself the relevant fields are the InboundCallRoute for SP1 and SP2. They should be ph and ph2 respectively.

SteveInWA

In addition to drgeoff's answers, I attached a screenshot of the OBiTALK web portal configuration page.  Each of the four SPx slots can be set as to how inbound calls ring (PHONE 1, PHONE 2, or both).