News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 Suddenly Can't Dial Out

Started by classpro, November 07, 2018, 12:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classpro

I get phone tone, it dials, and I get the 3 beeps then "number rejected by service provider error 403."  I tried rebooting the obi device.  Everything is green/connected on obi dashboard.  Any help?

Italian

I have the 202, I just started getting the exact same problem.

KC512

I get the same thing. This is the second time this week.
Waiting for a solution.

mellaby

classpro

Glad to know I'm not alone.  Misery loves company :-)

shawnph

Same here.  I don't really read this forum as I've had an Obi200 for years and never had to do anything to it but use it.

My phone will ring.  If I answer, no one can hear me.  And other phones connected to Google Voice continue to ring.  Those phones work.   My hangouts app works.   

If I look at the Obi dashboard, it shows all my services are "offline."

Bonoboyz

Same Here. is it it just google voice?

classpro

My obi dashboard says status connected and green light.  But can't dial out.  Don't know about incoming.

WiscBroker

Same problem, with 1022 IP Phone, started around 2pm CST for me, and outbound and inbound isn't working.  Inbound rings, but when I answer it is a dead line. Outbound, I get the 403 error message.  Green on Obi Dashboard.
FWIW this happened a few weeks ago when we were all experiencing the other glitchy static stuff, but it only lasted a few minutes.  The past week or so things have been fine until today.

Very frustrating, trying to run a business here!  Fortunately, I have my back-up USB headset I can plug into my PC and Google Voice is still working.  

One additional note, I was watching some YouTube before this happened and YouTube was very glitchy.  My internet speed is super duper fast, so that wasn't the issue.  Then, the Obi 1022 stopped working.  I must add, even though I have my backup USB headset for my PC for making and receiving calls, and it works, but it isn't really working that well; I have a lot of broken sound and distortion on some voices when calling.
This might be an internet issue...

athach624

i'm having the same issue with the obihai 1062. the phone rings, but can't hear anyone on the other end. Dialing out doesn't work at all. I get the dial tone and the error 403 message too.

oak949

Same issue with obi 508 vs with google voice.

'The number you dial .. was rejected by the service provider. Reason 403. '
403 usually indicate a authorization failure. Reauthorizing through the obi talk interface does NOT resolve the issue.

Interesting side note: Incoming calls ring, but answering the call gives a dead line. The caller of the incoming call, just hears the ring tone.

I think we need some obi/polycom help here

TLStar

We're having the same problem here.  Very frustrating!

drgeoff

Quote from: oak949 on November 07, 2018, 01:18:07 PM
Same issue with obi 508 vs with google voice.

'The number you dial .. was rejected by the service provider. Reason 403. '
403 usually indicate a authorization failure. Reauthorizing through the obi talk interface does NOT resolve the issue.

Interesting side note: Incoming calls ring, but answering the call gives a dead line. The caller of the incoming call, just hears the ring tone.

I think we need some obi/polycom help here
I'm fairly sure this debacle is of Google's making.

goat1

I get the same thing. Started around 3:00 EST. "Call rejected by service provider error 403". Tried rebooting. Everything shows good. Status connected on OBI site. I just received a call 20 min before this. Frustrating. OBIHIA, please give us a status update & Fix. Thank You.

yesitsme

#MeeToo Cant dail out

thus is the version I Have its the latest?
HardwareVersion   1.4
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

rosh

same.  Google Voice works from Android app for outgoing / incoming calls though (fortunately).  I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

MeAtHomeAsleep

I also cannot dial out. Two separate 202's, eight numbers total; seven GV and one PhonePower.  Incoming calls ring to device but cannot answer, secondary device continues to ring after attempted pickup.  Network troubleshooting shows no issues, devices rebooted (soft via reboot in admin) and (hard by unplugging obi devices.)  All show connected (and registered) in obi console even attempted to re-authenticate in dashboard.  Guessing this is ALL OBI and not GV since i am having the same issues regardless of either GV or PPower account.

jupiterstation

Same here. When I dialed in, the phone rings but when you pick it up there is silence. The other side keeps ringing and eventually goes to voicemail.

shawnph