News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

X_SkipCallScreening still not working

Started by azrobert, June 01, 2011, 07:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

X_SkipCallScreening is not working with Build 2289.
I get the call screening prompt with incoming calls and GV does not recognize when I press "1" to accept the call.
These incoming calls have CID and are not anonymous.

jimates

I am having no problem with it. It worked before the upgrade and still works after.

RonR

I just tested with CallerID and anonymous, and X_SkipCallScreening appears to be working properly here on 2289.

azrobert

I determined what's causing the problem.  Build 2283 introduced a DTMF problem and the fix was to change DTMFMethod from "Auto" to "Inband".  Changing DTMFMethod to "Inband", not the new firmware caused my call screening problem.  Build 2289 X_SkipCallScreening works perfectly with DTMFMethod=Auto.

My option is to be able to receive inbound calls or have DTMF work, but not both.

RonR

Quote from: azrobert on June 01, 2011, 10:15:57 PM
My option is to be able to receive inbound calls or have DTMF work, but not both.

While I don't have X_SkipCallScreening problems, I just found that the DiscoverCard [(800) 347-2683] DTMF problems that arose in 2283 that were fixed in 2286 are back in 2289.  I downgraded to 2286 and it works perfectly.  Back to 2289 and it's broken again.

azrobert

I changed DTMFMethod to "RFC2833" and now both X_SkipCallScreening and DTMF work.

I'm curious.  Can anybody reproduce my call screening problem by setting DTMFMethod to "InBand"?

RonR

Quote from: azrobert on June 02, 2011, 09:06:36 AM
I changed DTMFMethod to "RFC2833" and now both X_SkipCallScreening and DTMF work.

I'm curious.  Can anybody reproduce my call screening problem by setting DTMFMethod to "InBand"?

Inband + X_SkipCallScreening happens to work here, but Inband won't work with some systems.  In particular, Asterisk systems work only with RFC2833.

Prior to 2283, Auto worked perfectly for me with all destinations though Google Voice.  2283 broke it, 2286 fixed it, and now it's broken again in 2289.

RonR

obi-support2,

I've narrowed down the case where DTMF is currently failing (2289):

Telephone -> PAP2 -> (SP2) OBi110 (SP1:Google Voice) -> PSTN

This worked on 2103, fails on 2283, works on 2286, and fails on 2289.

These cases have no problem:

Telephone -> PAP2 -> (SP2) OBi110 (SP2:VoIP Provider) -> PSTN
Telephone -> PAP2 -> (SP2) OBi110 (SP2) -> SIP URI
Telephone -> PAP2 -> (SP2) OBi110 (PP) -> Echo Test

RonR

obi-support2,

DTMF is also failing on 2289 with:

X-Lite 4 -> OBiON PC -> (PP) OBi110 (SP1:Google Voice) -> PSTN

RonR

obi-support2,

Have you been about to reproduce the DTMF problems?

RonR

Obihai,

It would be nice to have the courtesy of a response to problems being experienced by multiple users.

OBiSupport

Ron,

We have a test firmware for improved dtmf that you can try.
Please email to support@obihai.com with your 9 digit OBi No. so that your OBi
is upgraded.

-Obihai Support Team

rwbuckn

I just had the test firmware pushed to my OBI. I changed the various settings that had been suggested back to the OBITalk settings. DTMF codes so far are back working again for me. This includes the DTMFMethod=Auto to Asterisk.

winger13

I just installed a new 110 device last night and upgraded to the latest firmware:
HardwareVersion 3.4 
SoftwareVersion 1.3.0 (Build: 2675)

I follow ensured the X_SkipCallScreening box is checked (and default is NOT checked).
In my GV, call screen is OFF

However, when I recieve GV calls, IF I do not pickup the call within a couple of rings, the call screen option (from GV) kicks in. Then I have to press "1" to accept the call.

How can I get rid of the call screen?

jimates

The call screening is going to do the same thing whether you answer on the first ring or the 4th ring. It is either on or it is off.

Note: If you answer a call from within gmail you have to press 1, there is no way to turn it off for gmail.

winger13

Quote from: jimates on March 08, 2012, 12:31:45 PM
The call screening is going to do the same thing whether you answer on the first ring or the 4th ring. It is either on or it is off.

Note: If you answer a call from within gmail you have to press 1, there is no way to turn it off for gmail.
My apologies, FALSE ALARM.  Apparently, my new corded phone has a audio caller id announcement feauture turned on by default.  I mistakenly thought this was the GV call screen option kicking in : )