News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

rollover lines

Started by gobluelou, September 12, 2011, 03:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Quote from: Louie1043 on March 05, 2012, 07:31:16 PM
I have tried to set up 2 Obi devices in a rollover configuration detailed in previous posts. The rollover to the second device works other than when someone calls and device 1 is busy, I get the Auto Attendant asking me whether I want to continue with the call or gives me other options. I have unchecked the auto attendant option but it still seems to be routing to the auto attendant. Can anybody help?

If you configure the OBi's exactly as shown in Reply #15 above, there can be no Auto Attendant answering.  For the Auto Attendant to answer, there must be {.....:aa} type rules, and there are none in the configuration illustrated in Reply #15 above.

I suspect the problem is you used the OBiTALK Web Portal and have the OBi(s) listed in the Circle-of-Trust.

Log into the OBi's directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify that each OBi is configured as illustrated above.

Louie1043

I did exactly as the post showed in #15 for the 2 Line Google voice setup and I have double and triple checked settings but every time I still get the Obi Attendant. Are there any other Routing settings that could be causing this like in the ObiTalk section or something like that? P.s. I configured everything through the actual IP addresses of the units.

Thanks,
Ryan

Stewart

Log into the OBi directly (not via the OBiTalk portal) and confirm that OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute is set to ph , which is the default.

If it's not, and you were configuring the OBi directly, just check the Default box, Save and reboot.

If you were configuring on the OBiTalk portal, make sure that OBi #1 is not listed as a Trusted Caller or in Circle-of-Trust.  Possibly, your device is failing to sync with the portal.

Louie1043

Quote from: Stewart on March 06, 2012, 09:27:04 AM
Log into the OBi directly (not via the OBiTalk portal) and confirm that OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute is set to ph , which is the default.

If it's not, and you were configuring the OBi directly, just check the Default box, Save and reboot.

If you were configuring on the OBiTalk portal, make sure that OBi #1 is not listed as a Trusted Caller or in Circle-of-Trust.  Possibly, your device is failing to sync with the portal.

Thanks guys, it was the inbound call route that kept defaulting to something other than ph even after saving. So the rollover now works on Obi #2. My next question, is there a way to use Obi #2 to route outbound calls through Obi #1. Right now you have to call out from obi #1. When you try to place a call Through obi #2 it just calls obi #1. May not be possible but I think it would be.

Stewart

Check that on OBi #1:
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200000002>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}
where 200000002 is the OBiTalk number of OBi #2.

If no luck, check the Call History of OBi #1 to confirm that the Peer Number logged matches the OBi #2's number.

RonR

Quote from: Louie1043 on March 06, 2012, 10:01:22 AM
My next question, is there a way to use Obi #2 to route outbound calls through Obi #1. Right now you have to call out from obi #1. When you try to place a call Through obi #2 it just calls obi #1. May not be possible but I think it would be.

The configuration described in Reply #15 above handles placing calls from OBi #2 though OBi #1.

Have you set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

in both OBi's to prevent the OBiTALK Web Portal from overwriting the changes you're making directly?

MB..

Quote from: gobluelou on September 12, 2011, 03:09:41 PM
Or perhaps there is a different way to deal with entirely.

You might do better implementing this functionality at the VoIP provider, rather than trying to do everything with the Obi.

Voip.ms is reported to be implementing "call hunting" soon.

But are you sure that is what you want? Is it multiple incoming channels (with same phone number) each of which will ring a pool of four phones, where the first to answer gets the call?

If so a possible set up (using voip.ms as an example) would be:

Single incoming DID (supports multiple calls) -> Ring Group -> 4 Obis (or 2 SPA2102s) with each phone/extension registered to a different sub account.

* An incoming call will go to the first phone that picks up.
* Phones not in use for incoming calls can make outgoing calls.
* Calls between the extensions are possible
* If having 4 DID numbers (as opposed to being able to make/receive four simultaneous calls) is  important, then all four DIDs  could all be routed to the same Ring Group.

This isn't rollover/hunting (all phones ring simultaneously, rather than in sequence) but is a practical set up for a small office. (You can also fake a rollover with timeouts).

The Cisco/Linksys/Sipura SPA2102 supports two lines - I think I read somewhere that the next Obi might support more than one line - so might work out a little cheaper.

You might also want to check the VoIP Tech Chat forum for advice.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip