News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi-to-obi stopped working

Started by maracuya, November 21, 2018, 07:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maracuya

We've used Obi for years, first 100's, then three 200's for a long time. Yesterday I was still able to call landlines (Google Voice), but no calls work among the three 200's.  Nothing changed other than Google Voice account went down to $0.02, but then replenished to $25. First attempt: I get "there is no service." Later attempts get only silence. Two of the 200's have always been in Colombia, SA; the third here in US. I'm at a complete loss since Obi-to-Obi supposedly always works. The Dashboard shows two connected, but one Obi in Colombia is always "connecting to 136.22. etc.," whether physically connected or not. Does this make any sense?!

le_avion

Sorry I cannot help you but I am having the same exact issue. I can call other phones via Google Voice but Obi to Obi stopped working giving the "there is no service to complete your call" error message.

maracuya

Thanks for replying. Suddenly things are back to normal. I hope this is your experience as well. I'm surprised that out of 80-some views of this post, only one person had anything to say. Obi itself didn't respond to my earlier e-mail and never did say anything. Perhaps this is now more Polycom?

Thanks for saying we weren't alone!

SteveInWA

The number of views of a post doesn't mean anything.  Some users are simply reading every post, or have set up some automation to receive every post.

le_avion

Quote from: maracuya on November 23, 2018, 11:58:41 AM
Thanks for replying. Suddenly things are back to normal. I hope this is your experience as well.

Yes! It started working for me as well. I created a ticket but they probably didn't get to it yet because of the holiday.

Thanks for letting me know it is working now since it was still down around 10 AM CST today and wouldn't have thought of trying again today.

robert_l_i

Hello,

I came to the forum looking for answers to the same issue.... i.e. Obi to Obi devices ..can't call.
Again like others have reported, can call landlines.
My system has been working for a number of years without any issues. My obi endpoint devices are installed in UK / Ireland /Thailand.

TODAY - No services for at least 8 Hours. Tried to call USA office technical support - CLOSED
(If this is an international company / service offering... it needs to offer support 24hrs?)

Is this a worrying trend ?.... I Need to be able to rely on this service, else it's time to look for something else to install.

Anyone got any thoughts, as to what is happening here???

Thanks, Robert

drgeoff

Quote from: robert_l_i on November 29, 2018, 09:31:33 AM
Hello,

I came to the forum looking for answers to the same issue.... i.e. Obi to Obi devices ..can't call.
Again like others have reported, can call landlines.
My system has been working for a number of years without any issues. My obi endpoint devices are installed in UK / Ireland /Thailand.

TODAY - No services for at least 8 Hours. Tried to call USA office technical support - CLOSED
(If this is an international company / service offering... it needs to offer support 24hrs?)

Is this a worrying trend ?.... I Need to be able to rely on this service, else it's time to look for something else to install.

Anyone got any thoughts, as to what is happening here???

Thanks, Robert

Confirmed. I can reach the **9 222 222 222 echo test but not another OBi number.

SteveInWA

It works for me, between two devices, calling either one from the other.

robert_l_i

System is back ..... HOWEVER, I believe there may well be an issue with the ongoing reliability of this (new?) service provider

I received a reply from support, which basically stated that without a 'paid support package' they were unable to help me!! How sad is that!!

NOT IMPRESSED! NO ACCOUNTABILITY ... just a request for money ...'Corporate Greed' comes to mind

May need to move on, if this happens again.....

Robert

azrobert

You can get a free IP Freedom account at Callcentric. Define an extension for each of your devices. Now you can call a device by its extension number. You can have both methods defined, so when 1 dies you can use the other as backup.

https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/ip_freedom/

robert_l_i

Thanks Azrobert,

I'm looking into a swap to callcentric.

My Obi to Obi  endpoints stopped working again today. (External calls to landlines OK)

Just wondering if we are being forced to take out a warranty package to guarantee a Polycom service????

Hmm....