News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble setting up 2 SPs

Started by rvansmith, February 13, 2011, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvansmith

I just go the OBi110, and I can setup SP1 with my google voice account without issues.  I can also setup SP1 with Callcentric (I am going to use them as a 911 provider) using the OBi ITSP setup utility.  But I can not get both to work together as SP1 and SP2.  I am confident that I can get Google Voice to work, I have done it many times on SP1.  But as soon as I move it to SP2 I get Register Failed: 403 error in the System Status page.  If I have google voice setup on SP1 and try and setup Callcentric on SP2 I get a Connection Failed: Authentication error.  Note, these are the same login settings that work on SP1.  I have Build 1890 on my device, and I use AT&T U-Verse as my ISP with their gateway.

Failing manually setting it up, I tried the OBiTalk.com gateway, and when I try to add a new device it gives me the **5 XXXX number to dial, and the automated voice tells me it sent the number, but nothing happens on the OBiTalk.com webpage.

Any help would be appreciated.

SIPit

I had the same problem when I tried to add my OBi110 to the portal with IE. Firefox worked fine.

QBZappy

Just something to check. Make sure you use SIP as the signaling protocol in the following setting:

Service Providers->SignalingProtocol->ITSP Profile B->General

Since you have been playing around with your setting it might have been overlooked.

Since you are getting "403 Authentication User Name does not match account name" it sounds like your credentials to register to the service might be the problem. I'm sure you double checked that.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MichiganTelephone

If you can get SP1 to work with a particular provider, but not SP2 even when you use the exact same settings, then I'd check to see if any default settings are different — for example, by default X_UserAgentPort is set to port 5060 for SP1 and 5061 for SP2, but if you are using SP1 and SP2 with different providers then there's no reason that the SP2 port can't also be 5060 (it only has to be different if both SP's go to the same provider and switch).  Changing that setting in SP2 might fix your problem, assuming you haven't tried that already.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

rvansmith

I tried Firefox and that did not let me add my device to the ObiTalk.com.  Same thing, it just times out, the **5xxxx tells me it sent the number to the server but the count down just goes to 0.  I also verified the second service provider was set to SIP.  And I did my best to make sure all settings between the two were the same.  Still can't get SP2 to connect.

QBZappy

At this point I would reset to ATA to default. There is small hole you can insert a paper clip in the back of the unit. Press down for let's say 30 seconds. Sometimes starting over magically fixes things.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rvansmith

Reset the Obi by holding the reset button for 30 seconds, and it did not fix anything.  I ended up resetting it up and having the same results.  I still can not connect to ObiTalk and can not get SP2 to connect properly.

MichiganTelephone

You say you used Firefox but I wonder if you have any Firefox extensions that might be interfering with the process (for example the NoScript extension, which is a great idea except that by default it interferes with the operation of almost every web site out there).  Or do you have any cookie blockers?  Things like that might be why it's not working.

You could always download and try another browser, such as Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

rvansmith

I installed FireFox just to do this.  No plugins and no settings changes.  I don't have any anti virus stuff and the firewall would be the one running in the UVerse router.  If Windows 7 has a firewall built in the settings haven't been messed with.

MichiganTelephone

Well, it was a thought. I won't tell you what I think about AT&T as an ISP because I'm sure you don't want to hear it, but if you have any friends that have cable modem service, you could always try temporarily taking your device over there and trying the **5 thing. I have a feeling you might have better luck.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.  Sorry.

rvansmith

I was hoping some of the Obi people would have chimed in by now.

OBi-Guru

Try upgrading your unit to the latest firmware (1892), do a factory reset (from the webpage of the device).
And then add it again to OBiTALK portal.

If it still does not work, please contact support@obihai.com.

plugger2

Quote from: rvansmith on February 13, 2011, 01:40:58 PM
I just go the OBi110, and I can setup SP1 with my google voice account without issues.  I can also setup SP1 with Callcentric (I am going to use them as a 911 provider) using the OBi ITSP setup utility.  But I can not get both to work together as SP1 and SP2.  I am confident that I can get Google Voice to work, I have done it many times on SP1.  But as soon as I move it to SP2 I get Register Failed: 403 error in the System Status page.  If I have google voice setup on SP1 and try and setup Callcentric on SP2 I get a Connection Failed: Authentication error.  Note, these are the same login settings that work on SP1.  I have Build 1890 on my device, and I use AT&T U-Verse as my ISP with their gateway.

Failing manually setting it up, I tried the OBiTalk.com gateway, and when I try to add a new device it gives me the **5 XXXX number to dial, and the automated voice tells me it sent the number, but nothing happens on the OBiTalk.com webpage.

Any help would be appreciated.

I was having exactly this problem, using build 1892.

What I hadn't realised is that to get the authentication details SP2 service to match up with the info in the ITSP Profile B Sip page, (in particular, the correct proxy server), you have to explicity select "B" for the following setting:

X_ServProvProfile B         

on the SP2 Service page. The default setting here was for profile A (i.e., the ITSP Profile A settings, including the proxy server.)

Probably not the best choice for a default. Probably not the best interface design to begin with... splitting the configuration information up this way is just asking for trouble, IMHO.

rvansmith

plugger: That was my problem.  Thanks!