News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBI200 setup

Started by Bill_obi, December 16, 2018, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_obi

I'm trying to setup an OBI200 on an ARRIS TG862G modem.  When I try to add the device using **5 xxxx, I get a timeout.  When I dial **9 222 222 222, I get "There is no service available to complete your call"

I've tried changing my router to Enable DMZ for the IP address. 
I've tried adding the suggested ports to the router.
I've tried disabling the firewall.

Any ideas?

drgeoff

1.  What do you hear when you dial ***1 ?

2.  You have misinterpreted the FAQ about ports.  Firstly, port opening is not the same thing as port forwarding.  I've never come across a home router that has user accessible controls for port opening.  Secondly, most of the ports mentioned in that FAQ are outgoing.  Port forwarding is only about incoming traffic.

Bill_obi

It tells me the IP address and that DHCP is enabled.

EDIT:
I can go to the IP address and sign in.  Status is typically either Acquiring Service or Backing off.

PeterFales

I think there is a problem with the Obi servers today

- My main Obi is working fine with GV and Callcentric, but I can't make Obi calls (such as **9 222 222 222)
- My main Obi is showing as offline in the obitalk dashboard, even though it's able to make calls
- My spare Obi can't make Obi calls (such as **9 222 222 222)
- I tried factory resetting the spare Obi, and adding back on my account, but I can't do that.   I have the same problem with "Add Device" timing out

All of that looks to me like something is down/unreachable in the Obi cloud

PeterFales

Maybe it's getting better...   As of this evening I can make obi-to-obi calls (it was down all afternoon), but I still can't do "Add Device."  I enter **5xxxx and it says "your number ... has been sent to the server" but it times out without doing anything.

Edit:  And a couple hours later I was able to successfully "Add Device"  (19:45 PST)

TheBartndr

I'm getting the exact same scenario.

I even did a packet capture form my router and looked at it in Wireshark. Im sure its Obi's side. There's an hour of troubleshooting I'll never get back (haha)

Edit: Was able to complete echo test & add device as of 7:01 PST