News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls drop after ~ 3 minutes (not all)

Started by emachac, February 13, 2011, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emachac

Calls drop after ~ 3 minutes (but not all) - have had this problem since day one with the OBI.

The Obi unit is up to the latest OS upgrade - it's connected to an Apple Airport Extreme - tried Google Voice and Sipgate..... both show the same problem.

(also - Google Voice seems to always have call screening on.... but it's turned off in the GV setting).

I was using a Cisco PAP2T with Sipgate and didn't have the dropped call problems....

Any thoughts?

jimates

I had a problem with dropped calls around the minute mark also. It was something in my router. Since I had a new router that I wanted to install anyways I just made the switch and the problem went away.

as for the call screening that is part of Google Chat, not the same as the one in GV. See step 8 in this setup process to turn off the call screening.
http://voxilla.com/2011/01/24/how-to-use-google-voice-and-obi-for-all-your-calls-free-2512

emachac

@jimates - thank you.... I will make the step 8 change (so much for trying to stick with the OBITalk interface :-)  )

I wish I had a spare router to try out ....

Northern.Bob

OBiHai will be adding new features to the Dashboard and elsewhere I suggested that the "X_SkipCallScreening" setting be one of the first as most people coming to the OBi are looking to set up GV and this is a common question.