News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The number you dialed___ has not received a response from the service provider

Started by Revived, January 17, 2019, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPC_obi

This is still happening to me.
Rebooting my 200 using ***9 fixes it temporarily.

Sometimes I can use the phone for days without issues.  Other days it works for a few hours and then this issue comes back.  This week I am having issues everyday for several hours.

If I do nothing on my end the issue comes and goes. If I can't make a call now... waiting and calling later in the day often works... without making any changes as my end.

My xfinity internet connection is trouble free and working consistently without drops.  I've also used different DNS settings with no change in performance / reliability... including 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1 etc.  Tested in the DMZ with no change.

obi 200 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) w/ google voice

If anyone finds a fix that works, please share.
I'm guessing a firmware bug, device flaw or did someone at Polycom forget to feed the hamster that routes calls?  ???

I am also having the issue that when I make a call and the person receiving the call picks up.. all I hear is white noise and they can't hear me. This happens when making calls to multiple phone systems xfinity, verizon and others... not just one.  If I make no changes at my end and call the number over and over, eventually it connects without the white noise upon the answer..  If I get tired of dialing with the obi and switch to using my cell the call from through verizon works fine. So the issue is with the obi200/google voice/Polycom and not the person being called.    

Codec issue? firmware issue? Routing issues?

With the above two issues... I am lucky if I can make an outgoing call 50% of the time.  Incoming calls are not an issue.

Thanks in advance for any fixes.
CPC

Revived

For what it's worth, I've not experienced this issue in the last several days.

drgeoff

Quote from: CPC_obi on February 13, 2019, 10:15:48 AM.. did someone at Polycom forget to feed the hamster that routes calls?
Once your OBi is configured with GV and/or your ITSP(s), OBi/Polycom plays no further part in the routeing or transmission of all calls via GoogleVoice or other ITSPs.  Neither call setup signalling nor call audio packets go anywhere near any servers run by, or on behalf of, Obihai/Polycom.  (Only calls to other Obi devices, using the 9 digit OBi numbers depend on Obihai/Polycom services.)

CPC_obi

Thanks DrGeoff ... I'm glad to hear the hamster is fine.  ;D   (Thank you for the info re: routing)

I had the obi 100 for years without an issue.  I have had two of the OBI 200 in the past year and both have been problematic.

Is it defective devices, bad firmware or a google voice issue?  Has anyone who had this issue solved it long term? I can sometimes go days or weeks with no issues ..thinking it's solved..  Then it comes back. This week has been terrible again when trying to make outgoing calls.

I've tried all of the items posted on this subject so far with no luck.  Restarting the obi 200 helps sometimes for a few calls.

Thanks in advance for any solutions...  ???
CPC

videobruce

I have had the same problem probably from almost day one (2 years ago) since I had this service, that message and another similar, but NOT with GoogleVoice.  My pay provider is Phone Power ($60/yr).

It usually happens in the morning after a long period on non-use (our phone isn't used that much). No specific number, not even long distance. I'll disconnect, then re-dial and all is fine. No re-boot or anything.

My guess is the system needs a 'wake-up' or jolt to get a working connection (path) active again. The 1st call fails, following calls are all fine.
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

ansh

This issue is happening again very often the last few days. Any idea to help that?

I'm using GV with a Obi200 and CallCentric for incoming calls for the past 2 years.
Recently I'm having again the issue that I can't place any outgoing calls. I have a dial tone, and when I dial a number I'm getting a message "The number you've dialed XXX-XXX-XXXX didn't receive a response from the service provider.....". I can't place any call until I restart my Obi device. Restarting helps it temporarily.
Incoming calls works fine.

videobruce

drgeoff

Quote from: ansh on March 30, 2020, 02:39:49 PM
This issue is happening again very often the last few days. Any idea to help that?

I'm using GV with a Obi200 and CallCentric for incoming calls for the past 2 years.
Recently I'm having again the issue that I can't place any outgoing calls. I have a dial tone, and when I dial a number I'm getting a message "The number you've dialed XXX-XXX-XXXX didn't receive a response from the service provider.....". I can't place any call until I restart my Obi device. Restarting helps it temporarily.

It was a GV problem and a Google engineer has posted elsewhere that he has fixed it.

Italian

Quote from: drgeoff on March 31, 2020, 08:29:35 AM

It was a GV problem and a Google engineer has posted elsewhere that he has fixed it.

I still have the exact same problem, so maybe not?

videobruce

As I stated, it is NOT a GV issue!  I do NOT have the reboot either.

drgeoff

videobruce

Since there was no quote used, the post referred to the thread in general.

A little 'testy' aren't we??  ::)

ansh

Quote from: drgeoff on March 31, 2020, 08:29:35 AM

Thanks for your reply! Was it posted recently as fixed? I just had this again moments ago..

drgeoff

Quote from: videobruce on March 31, 2020, 09:46:29 AM
Since there was no quote used, the post referred to the thread in general.

A little 'testy' aren't we??  ::)
I think your degree of blindness vastly exceeds my testiness.

nang

Count me too. GV provider. Experiencing this issue from couple of days, dropped just now few minutes ago. Any solution? Reboot fixes it temporarily. Happened to me at least 3 times today, every time I had to reboot.

Italian

On top of all the other problems mentioned in this thread, all my calls drop at around 15 minutes and 40 seconds.

andyhi

Similar issues over the last couple of days.  OBi202 configured with two GV numbers.

I've been on 3+ hr conference calls with no issues.  Other times I'll be a few minutes into a new call, hear a second or so of static, and then silence.  At that point I have to hang up and re-dial, but always receive the "The number you dialed xxx-xxx-xxxx has not received a response from the service provider" on both lines until I power cycle/reset the Obi.  (Correction - Sometimes powercycle is not required if I wait long enough.)  This has happened several times in the last hour.  

Network - Gigabit up/down ATT fiber internet connection with robust pFsense firewall/router.  Wife and I work from home and have always on VPN connections back to different work networks in different states.... no issues with VPN slowness, no vpn re-connections, no internet packet loss.  pFsense logs and traffic graphs show no degradation of service/bandwidth to ISP and no packet loss to upstream ISP gateway.  Speed tests show solid and consistent 900+Mbps up/down.  Issue isn't my home network or internet connection.

SteveInWA

Quote from: andyhi on April 01, 2020, 01:39:28 PM
... with robust pFsense firewall/router...

That's likely your problem.  Do not block any [*.]google.com cookies.  Do not block HTML5.  Do not block WebRTC. Do not block javascript.  Do not run any browser extensions that perform any of those things.  Do not block the outbound ports used by Google Voice.  See:  https://support.google.com/a/answer/9206518?hl=en

andyhi

No firewall rules changes on my end in over 6 months.  Will turn up additional logging and packet captures if need be.

SteveInWA

Quote from: andyhi on April 01, 2020, 02:37:41 PM
No firewall rules changes on my end in over 6 months.  Will turn up additional logging and packet captures if need be.

So what?  You could have had the wrong settings for over 6 months.  Check to be sure that you are not blocking ANY of the items I mentioned, and you are opening the referenced ports.

I really don't care, at this point, how many other anecdotal reports you find.  People have reported mysterious disconnects for years, and there are no currently-known issues on Google's side that would cause it.  Aside from a few bugs that were found and fixed, these always turn out to be client-side issues.