News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OB1200 GV

Started by maybere, September 15, 2015, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maybere

New user here...I have GV setup with # 762-xxx-yyyy. I can use my landline on the obi to call out and the receiver sees that number I have with GV which is great. I am not receiving calls with that same number...when I tried calling that number with my cell phone, i get an automated voice asking for a pin to get my vmails...what am I missing? Thanks! Eric

SteveInWA

Hi:

Well, not enough information to tell for sure.  Either you don't actually have your own Google Voice phone number, and you're actually using a Google Voice "Lite" account, or else you do have a GV number, and you neglected to check the box to the left of Google Chat.

Log onto your Google Voice account from a computer's web browser, not from a mobile device, and go to this page:

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Look on the left side of the web page.  Do you see the exact two words "Your number", and underneath it is the number you are trying to use for inbound calls, or, do you see the words "Access number"?  If the latter, then this is Lite account, which is only used for voicemail.  If that's the case, then you need to click "Get a Voice number" to get your own dedicated inbound GV number.  If you do  See "Your number", then you need to have Google Chat listed as a forwarding destination, and you must have a check mark next to it.

Otherwise, if you do have your own GV number, and other people can call it and your OBi-attached phone rings, then all you need to do is go to the GV settings page, click the "Edit" button under Google Chat, and select "No" for voicemail direct access to have your OBi-attached phone ring (so somebody can answer it) when you call from your forwarding cell phone number.

maybere

Got it...thanks for the info!

Turns out my cell was also attached to GV, so it noticed that when i used my cell to call the GV number and that is why it was going to vmail pin. I tried from another cell and it works :)

SteveInWA

Right.  There are two options, when calling in from a forwarding phone number:  let the GV number ring, so that somebody can answer it, or go directly to the PIN prompt so you can immediately hear your messages.  You can decide which option you want to use, by clicking the "Edit" button under that forwarding phone number in GV settings.