News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

End of OBi usage

Started by Rick, January 31, 2019, 07:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

So just unplugged my OBi 110, deleted the setup in the portal, and unplugged every phone in the house.  Last month I unplugged my old multi-function printer/fax, and installed a new multi-function printer without fax.  Going to 100% cell phone, wasn't worth my effort to buy a new, but old and probably close to end of life OBi 202, as I wasn't convinced that Polycom will support consumers going forward.  If they were going to support the consumer, and Google Voice long term, I feel that they'd come out and say that, but they haven't.  I'm sure they knew upfront what OBi never figured out, that the consumer market can't support a device that has to be "tweaked" all the time.  8 year run, so worth the price, but not the aggravation.  

Still a user of Google Voice, just forwarded to my cell phone instead of to my OBi.  No more Callcentric with E911 either, use the E911 address stored in my cell phone account.  

I will take the electricity savings from unplugging the 110, plus several PSTN wireless phones, and at the end of the year buy a beer, or maybe 1/4 of a beer.  

Over 1,000 posts here, although the majority of them ended a few years ago.  It's been fun. 

(drops mic)