News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VVX350 Obi Edition and Google Voice

Started by RiversEdge, February 03, 2019, 10:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiversEdge

I have one of the new VVX350 OBi editions.   The OBiTalk portal will register them and will also load the Google Voice settings, but these phones seem to fail connecting.   They get the result: "Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=216.239.36.144"

On the surface, it would appear that the OBi settings are effectively the same as my older OBiHai devices that are working. 

Software version is: 6.3.0.0

Any ideas or pointers on where to troubleshoot? 

Only thing I see in syslog that seems odd is a broken connection, but after a 403 not sure that's really odd:

VVX350: TLS-EXT Hostname:deskphone.telephony.goog
VVX350: TCP:Connect OK(spreg)60
VVX350: Trying to connect ssl
VVX350: TC:ssl connected
VVX350: REG:HandleTcpEvent 2;wc=1
VVX350: TCP:Broken Connection(spreg) 60 -1
VVX350: REG:HandleTcpEvent 3;wc=0

drgeoff

Ask Polycom.  That model is so new that you are surely still within the support period.

BearSGD

Did you resolve this?  Getting same error on my new VVX350 obi edition.  Changed the DNS servers to google and still getting Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=216.239.36.144

Obi sees my phone but GV isn't connecting.  Help!?!

Taoman

Quote from: BearSGD on April 22, 2019, 09:00:06 AM
Did you resolve this?  Getting same error on my new VVX350 obi edition.  Changed the DNS servers to google and still getting Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=216.239.36.144

The VVX x50 Series OBi Edition are enterprise level business IP phones. The only way they will connect to Google Voice is via G Suite.

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 20, 2019, 05:06:33 PM

The Polycom-heritage products, such as the VVX 150, 250, 350 and 450 will work with Google Voice for G Suite.  They will not work with the consumer version of Google Voice.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15756.0

https://9to5google.com/2019/03/20/google-voice-g-suite-desktop-phones/

BearSGD

Just read on admin page in Gsuite that "Desk Phone Support is Coming Soon".  Thanks for letting us know that before we ordered GV and the phones..... SMH

SteveInWA

Quote from: BearSGD on April 22, 2019, 05:35:11 PM
Just read on admin page in Gsuite that "Desk Phone Support is Coming Soon".  Thanks for letting us know that before we ordered GV and the phones..... SMH

• There are three different tiers of service for the new Google Voice for G Suite customers.  Only the second two support the use of desk phones.  If you are a G Suite customer, and you are paying for the Standard or Premier tier of Google Voice service (NOT the consumer Google Voice), then you can add desk phones.  Beta customers have already done this, and it is easy to do, and it works fine.
  • Features may vary based on the country where it's offered.
  • As Taoman pointed out, at this time, the only IP phones that can be added to Google Voice for G Suite at the Poly VVX x50 series, with the "OBi Edition" firmware loaded.  See:  https://www.polycom.com/partners/find-a-partner/cloud-video-partner/google.html
  • None of the Obihai-legacy phones can be added (no 1000 or 2000 series phones), and none of the other Poly phones (other than the VVX x50) can be added.
  • If you already own a VVX x50 series phone that has the legacy Polycom firmware, consult your reseller or Poly support to convert its firmware to the OBi Edition.  If you own other Poly phones, your reseller might offer a trade-up program.
  • Conversely, the Poly VVX series phones cannot be used with the original consumer version of Google Voice.
  • Adding a desk phone to a paid Google Voice for G Suite user follows a specific procedure that is initiated on the G Suite administrator console.