News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 ringing problem with Googletalk

Started by porkenstein, March 27, 2019, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porkenstein

I have had this device for several years and it worked fine. I have it setup for 2 google talk numbers. I can receive calls on both but recently when ever I get a call I get a constant long ring until I answer or the person hangs up, not the ring space in between ring again like a normal phone. I completely reset my obi device to factory specs and it is still doing the same constant ring. Any suggestions. I have made no changes since it was originally setup.

SteveInWA

"Google Talk" was discontinued several years ago, so it leads me to suspect your device isn't set up properly. The service is called "Google Voice".

Follow my instructions at the link below.  Perform every step, in order, and do not skip any steps:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

porkenstein

I meant google voice. And I have already done that but thanks for the suggestion. still constantly rings

SteveInWA

Google Voice has no way to cause that symptom.  If you have, indeed, set up the service correctly on the device, AND you have made NO "expert mode" changes, then you either have a defective device, or a defective telephone.  Try swapping in a different telephone.

porkenstein

Decided to try the guide again and factory reset and followed exactly step by step and still rings constantly instead of the ring pause ring so I guess I will live with it but it's annoying. Cant imagine it could be the phone but will try another phone, who knows.  Thanks again

porkenstein

OMG I don't have another phone to try tonight but I just noticed on the base station of my phone that when I get a call the phone rings constantly as I mentioned but there is a light that also lights when I receive a call and that light is going on and off so after hours of dinking with this I think it's going to end up being the handset. OMG. Didn't think there was a chance that could be it but I think it is. :(