News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 - What IP Phones Are Compatible

Started by TripleRRR, September 04, 2013, 05:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleRRR

I was trying to set up my Cisco 7962G IP phone with my OBi202, and I ran into problems. My service provider let me know that it isn't possible with it because the software on the OBi isn't compatible with the phones. Anyone know if this is true, or do I need a different phone. I was using the following link to do what I wanted to do with my IP phone and OBi202.

http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html

RFord

It should work with that IP Phone.  Please pay attention to:

ITSP Profile B/SIP/ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1    (a dummy non-empty value)
SP2/X_RegisterEnable = no (or unchecked)

If you have a "real" SIP Provider, you should reference the Proxy Server for that provider instead of 127.0.0.1.  Double check your values on the OB202 directly to make sure they match up with those shown in the link.

gibhenry

The question remains:  What IP Phones Are Compatible?  I want to use my existing Grandstream GXP 2120s...any reason to think they would not work?

davidbrucejr

the question still remains, for example I went to Walmart and bought the cheapest land line cordless phone they sell.. ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vtech-CS6114-Cordless-Phone/15529448 )  it does not work, I set up the phone,  charged it, installed it's battery, and there was no dial tone and there was no green light on the OBI adapter saying it successfully found a phone.

drgeoff

Quote from: davidbrucejr on October 24, 2017, 11:38:54 PM
the question still remains, for example I went to Walmart and bought the cheapest land line cordless phone they sell.. ( https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vtech-CS6114-Cordless-Phone/15529448 )  it does not work, I set up the phone,  charged it, installed it's battery, and there was no dial tone and there was no green light on the OBI adapter saying it successfully found a phone.

You seem to be under some misunderstandings.

1. This thread is about IP phones. A landline phone, whether corded or cordless, is not an IP phone.

2. There is no LED on an OBi that indicates "it successfully found a phone".

I assume this is a new OBi that you are attempting to get working for the first time.

A working powered OBi will give dial tone to a properly connected working phone. Even without an ethernet connection. If your setup is not giving you dial tone then you have a faulty OBi or a faulty PSU or a faulty phone or a faulty phone cord or you have not plugged in correctly.

Is that the exact model number of the phone you bought? If not, could you actually have bought an add-on extension phone with very similar number and appearance?

HMEETIS

Would be nice if there was a more direct answer to this, it shows as the most relevant match when looking for this information at it has been viewed: (Read 14477 times)

drgeoff

Quote from: HMEETIS on December 17, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
Would be nice if there was a more direct answer to this, it shows as the most relevant match when looking for this information at it has been viewed: (Read 14477 times)
Virtually all IP SIP phones were compatible.  Recent firmwares released by Obihai appear to have a bug which prevents some IP phones from registering with the OBi.  If the phone is able to call without SIP registration that bug can usually be worked around.

Nase88

Hi would you think a Cisco cp 7832 would work with my obihai 202 ?