News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue with Obi1032

Started by rodig0, April 29, 2019, 12:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodig0

Hello , all

Am Trying to set up the Obi1032. The phone is powered up but there is no LED light on. Then I have another orange LED on one of the other buttons. What am I missing? I have attached a photo, if I'm not explaining it right.
UFABET
I'm using a CISCO DPC3941T Data & Voice Modem.  I do have phone service through my ISP but I'm trying to use this Obi1032 as a second. I have already cycled power, open ports, and I've tried restarting the modem.

Thank in advance.

SteveInWA

Hunh?  That doesn't make any sense at all.

You have a Cisco cable gateway used exclusively on Comcast Xfinity cable service.  It is a cable modem containing a built-in router, WiFi access point, and an Analog Telephone Adapter function, and that ATA is used only to deliver Comcast Xfinity Voice telephone service.  You can't magically connect an OBi IP phone without subscribing to a different Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP).

As for "there is no LED light on", what LED?  There are a whole lot of LEDs on that phone.