News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No ring incoming calls OBi200 Google Voice

Started by rramstad, June 03, 2019, 10:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rramstad

Device has been working just fine for quite some time, with the occasional situation where we have to reboot it because the phone isn't working right.

Today I noticed the phone wasn't ringing for inbound calls.  Works fine for outbound.  When I call the Google Voice number, I hear four or five rings, then get my Google Voice voicemail.  The lights on the OBi device don't blink.

Rebooting didn't fix it.

Deleting all the configurations and reconfiguring didn't fix it.

Upgrading to 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) didn't fix it.

If I am in the Google Voice settings, it shows OBiTalk device.

As an experiment in the forwarding section I turned off the OBi device, and turned on my cellphone, then had someone call the GV number.  My cell phone rang.

I am not sure what to make of all this.  The OBi device has normal status in all the various dashboards and so on.  It just seems that GV can't reach my OBi device.

Any suggestions for other things to try?  Our internet is working perfectly...  I'm doing things like reading and posting on OBi forums and streaming music, just like always...

JudoChoke

I have the same issue.  I can call outbound no problem, but inbound calls go to voicemail after a few rings.

The configuration looks good..I show a 'connected' status in the ObiTALK site for SP1.

JudoChoke

rramstad

I dislike replying in my own thread, but after taking all the steps outlined above, and getting nowhere, I was considering doing everything here:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

but ultimately decided first to reboot ALL my networking equipment.  Cable modem, cell backup, internal router.

I did all that, waited 30 seconds, tried an inbound call, and the OBi is working.

Now, it's possible that the FW update and dumping credentials and redoing the GV setup was the magic sauce, and it just needed time to propagate, but I also think it's possible that it was some sort of DNAT problem and rebooting everything made the OBi device renegotiate and open a port again.

So, you might try rebooting all your networking gear.

JudoChoke

I did try rebooting the network gear before I posted and that did not work for me.  Kinda sounds like something else 'fixed' the issue.  I was looking through call history on the Obi device.  Just to make sure I understood what an inbound call looked like.  I tried from my mobile phone again and it worked.  Looks like there was about a 3-4 hour window where inbound calls did not work.

rramstad

Quote from: JudoChoke on June 03, 2019, 11:45:20 AM
I did try rebooting the network gear before I posted and that did not work for me.  Kinda sounds like something else 'fixed' the issue.  I was looking through call history on the Obi device.  Just to make sure I understood what an inbound call looked like.  I tried from my mobile phone again and it worked.  Looks like there was about a 3-4 hour window where inbound calls did not work.

I suppose that's also a possibility.  My situation is a business phone, we had many calls coming in up through about 2 PM yesterday, then nothing.  We know that Google services had some problems yesterday, but I expected when I found the problem this morning that rebooting the device would fix the problem, and it didn't.

It does occasionally happen that GV goes down for a while but the typical symptom is that the OBi can't connect, and shows that in the configuration window... this was different, connected but not working.