News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 Google voice out works, google voice incoming does not ring on Obi

Started by DavidFTC, June 05, 2019, 04:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidFTC

New setup. Legacy Google voice number. Outgoing calls work fine, incoming rings on Google Voice app on cell phone but not on Obi 202. Router configured to allow incoming UDP port 10000 to Obi (port forwarding). Google voice setting indicate Obi is one of the devices. No linked numbers. Calls are enabled for ObiTalk device. In Google Voice settings there is no option to transfer to Google Chat when I click on "transfer" (as per the FAQ directions).

Assistance requested.
Thank you

SteveInWA

I don't know what ancient instructions you are reading, but there is no longer a "Google Chat".  Google Voice now uses standard SIP VoIP.  If it can make outbound calls, but not inbound calls, then it is likely that you set up the device with the wrong Google/Gmail account, not the account that holds a valid Google Voice phone number.  Try again.

Here are my complete instructions:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

DavidFTC

Thank you for the link. I believe I provisioned the correct account, since the caller ID when I place a call indicates my Google voice number.  The settings page in GV when I'm signed into my account that has the GV number, shows the Obitalk device with the correct device number. I am using an old analog phone for testing, if that would make any difference.
The calls forward to a SIP:XXX@obihai.sip.google.com
The ancient instructions are from the Obihai website: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/GV-and-the-OBi/My-OBi-Does-Not-Ring
All the being said, should I delete and start over? Also, how do I determine the firmware of the device? (I just received this from Amazon 2 days ago.)
Thank you!

DavidFTC

Problem solved!! I initially set up the device using the device configuration page (https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/config/) for SP1.
I didn't delete the device, just repeated the process and set up the GV account for SP2. Now incoming calls ring on my phone, and it works for both incoming and outgoing calls.

SteveInWA

OK, great.  Since you just bought the device and successfully added it to the portal, it now has the current firmware, so you're good to go.

drgeoff

Quote from: DavidFTC on June 05, 2019, 04:35:10 PM
New setup. Legacy Google voice number. Outgoing calls work fine, incoming rings on Google Voice app on cell phone but not on Obi 202. Router configured to allow incoming UDP port 10000 to Obi (port forwarding). Google voice setting indicate Obi is one of the devices. No linked numbers. Calls are enabled for ObiTalk device. In Google Voice settings there is no option to transfer to Google Chat when I click on "transfer" (as per the FAQ directions).

Assistance requested.
Thank you
Mainly for the benefit of anyone else coming to this thread in the future.

Port 10000 is used by data between an OBi device and Obitalk server(s). It has no bearing on calls via GV.