News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 unable to connect to my WPA2 wifi network

Started by DavidFTC, June 06, 2019, 12:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidFTC

I am having a problem connecting to wifi. I have the adapter, it has a blinking blue light, and I connected to ObiWifi_setup network on my laptop. I entered the network name and pw (WPA2), but it does not connect. The blue blinking light remains. I also tried (via ethernet) to enter the network name and password using Expert mode, but there is a red exclamation mark next to those settings, and no internet connection.

Assistance needed.

ShazamInForum

Make sure you are next to that WiFi router, use your smart phone for WiFi5G network pickup and if needed dial *27 to refresh the OBiWiFi5G unit. 

Good luck!

drgeoff

Quote from: DavidFTC on June 06, 2019, 12:12:29 PM
I am having a problem connecting to wifi. I have the adapter, it has a blinking blue light, and I connected to ObiWifi_setup network on my laptop. I entered the network name and pw (WPA2), but it does not connect. The blue blinking light remains. I also tried (via ethernet) to enter the network name and password using Expert mode, but there is a red exclamation mark next to those settings, and no internet connection.

Assistance needed.
The red exclamation marks merely indicate that the values have been changed from the defaults.  Nothing to be concerned about.

Are there any "unusual" characters in the network name or password?

If you temporarily disable the network security can you successfully connect?