News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

using obi200 with google voice and SIP phone

Started by mtsmello, June 09, 2019, 03:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtsmello

hi
i successfully setup google voice with OBI200 and connected a regular landline to obi200 and everything works. now i want to be able to use SIP phones with the OBI200 , i followed the instructions in this topic

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12492.0
to setup a sip softphone which should be the same procedure for a sip hard phone but all i got was my softphone to call the phone connected to the landline (the one connected to obi200) whatever number i dial the soft phone will ring the landline phone connected to the OBI200 , what am i doing wrong?  is there clear instructions on how to use OBI200 as a SIP gateway to google voice ?

i'm also planning to get a Unidata ICW-1000G , its a wireless sip phone , would it work with OBI200 or its a complete waste of time and i should return it?
regards

azrobert

Check if your changes are sticking or reverting back to default. Are you using OBi Expert to configure your OBi200?

When the OBi200 phone rings can you answer and do you get 2-way audio? You should only ring the OBi200 phone when you dial zero, so you didn't update the OBi200 correctly or you are pointing to the wrong X_UserAgentPort.

If you can't resolve the problem, post your OBi200 ITSP D and SP4 configurations.

mtsmello

i figured out the problem

1) auto provisioning was on so my configuration kept being deleted

2) the X_InboundCallRoute  in that post was wrong i used  {>(<>(Msp1)):sp1},{li}  on SP4  and now it redirects perfectly. 

3) now i have to figure out how to setup a cisco 9971 to use it , i tried many different configurations on the XML tftp server but it keeps saying the phone is not registered , i see the phone grabing the xml from my tftp server  but still doesnt work , the SIP softphone on my pc works pretty well

anyone has all the files a cisco 9971 needs to grab from the TFTP in order to work?

regards