News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't make or receive calls.

Started by tjk00144, July 07, 2019, 08:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjk00144

I have had an Obi202 for 3 months and it has worked fine until now.  I woke up on morning of 7/4 and found that the lights for sp1 & sp2 were not on.  I checked status on dashboard and it showed "Connect failed No response".  I tried unplugging the unit with no success.  Everything on my GV account looked okay.  The Obi202 showed up in my devices.  Then with no action on my part, the sp1 & sp2 lights lit back up an hour or so later and the phone was working. It went off again another time that day and then came back on an hour later.  On 7/5, the same 2 lights were off again when I woke up but came on 45 minutes later.  Then mid afternoon I made a call which disconnected and the 2 lights went off again.  They came back on about 10 minutes later and the phones worked fine for the rest of the day.  I had tried calling Obitalk but got a recorded message that I needed to submit a support request.  I submitted a support request but it is now 3 days later and I have heard nothing back.    Same story on 7/6, 2 lights off first thing in the morning and phone not working.  I made a call to the Obitalk echo test number which worked okay and the lights and phone came back on shortly thereafter.  Same story again today on 7/07.  2 lights off and phone not working when I woke up.  I tried the suggestions on this post with no success.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

I then tried doing a factory reset with still no success.  I suspect that my unit is defective, but have no idea how to get in touch with Obitalk to file a warranty claim since it seems to be impossible to talk to a live person and they do not respond to my service request.  I  purchased the unit on Amazon and would just like to return it to them for a replacement but it is past the 30 day return period so that is probably not an option.

Any suggestions?

azrobert

The Phone LED will go out when the Primary Line becomes disconnected (not the other way around), so the LED is not necessarily an indication of a hardware problem. I'm guessing the problem is somewhere in your network, maybe with your ISP or Google Voice.

tjk00144

My router shows the Obi202 as one of the attached devices.  I have had no network problems with any of my other devices.    My Google Voice account shows the Obi202 as one of my devices.  I don't know what else to check.

azrobert

Make sure SIP ALG in your router is disabled. Not all routers have this parm.