News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help!! Can't receive incoming calls on cellphone and telephone at the same time!

Started by Sysler, August 01, 2019, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sysler

Hello. I used to pick up google voice incoming calls on my iPhone directly. (Forward to my personal cellphone number or rings on my Google Voice app on my iPhone.) Recently I bought an OBiTalk device and a blank home telephone device (not associated with a landline local phone number) so I don't have to occupy my cellphone all the time.

After I set up everything, in my Google Voice online setting page, there shows I have 3 devices: Web, iOS Device(949-***-****, which is my personal cellphone number) and OBiTALK Device - 50051****.

But whenever there is an incoming call, right now it only goes into the OBi Device, which only my home telephone rings. But I want to be able to ring both my cellphone and my home telephone in case I'm out. I still want to be able to pick up calls from anywhere on my iPhone. How to realize that function? Please let me know where I should adjust accordingly and what's your setting page looks like to be able to ring both devices?

Thank you very much in advance! (Please see attachment for my settings screen.)

drgeoff

Don't you have switches against each of your devices as in my screengrab?

Sysler

Quote from: drgeoff on August 01, 2019, 12:40:01 PM

Yes I have! The OBiTalk device is connected to a POE switch to the internet. Do your devices which have dashes after the name also have ethernet switch connected? Does it mean if OBi connects to an internet switch, then it only allows for exclusively connection to my Google Voice service and I can't forward Google Voice to my cellphone number at the same time?

Really want to be able to ring on both my personal cellphone and home telephone!! How to be able to realize it?

Thanks!!

drgeoff

Quote from: Sysler on August 02, 2019, 09:48:47 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on August 01, 2019, 12:40:01 PM

Yes I have! The OBiTalk device is connected to a POE switch to the internet. Do your devices which have dashes after the name also have ethernet switch connected? Does it mean if OBi connects to an internet switch, then it only allows for exclusively connection to my Google Voice service and I can't forward Google Voice to my cellphone number at the same time?

Really want to be able to ring on both my personal cellphone and home telephone!! How to be able to realize it?

Thanks!!

Sigh!

I'm not talking about ethernet switches.  I'm referring to the green circles in my screengrab which can be toggled left and right.  GV only forwards calls to the devices that have the green circle in the right hand position.  The clue is in the words "Incoming calls
Select the devices that you want to use to answer incoming Google Voice calls ...."

And if you want your incoming calls to ring other numbers they need to be in the list of Linked numbers and selected too.

Sysler

I have all toggled on. Please see the attachment here. The full attachment is in the original post. How it is possible I couldn't get incoming calls on my cellphone?

Sysler

Oh I see what you mean. How come I don't have the green button on the right?

drgeoff

Quote from: Sysler on August 02, 2019, 11:26:38 AM
Oh I see what you mean. How come I don't have the green button on the right?

Sigh. Sigh.

Maybe if you look in the correct place.