News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 312 connecting to Valcom V 2924 Page control

Started by crlynch61, July 22, 2019, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crlynch61

I am attempting to connect an OBI312 to a Valcom V2924 Page Control.  I have registered the OBI 312 and can call it and the call is answered by the FXO port which will then allow me to send digits to the Valcom V 2924 Page control.  The problem comes when i complete the page and hang up the calling phone.  The FXO port and the Valcom 2924 do not disconnect from each other so i can call back in to make another page.  The only option i have found is to un plug form the Valcom Device.  Any Suggestions???

EEMAN

I am adding a comment here because I had a similar situation getting an OBI312 to talk to an overhead paging system. In my case it was at a school using a Dukane paging system but I believe the solution to be the same. With these devices the loop voltage on hook is usually around 24v not the regular threshold of 48v due to a 24v talk battery power supply being utilized. When I look at Status -> PHONE port status  after a reboot it was showing TipRingVoltage at 22V. So I went to Physical Interfaces -> LINE port and made 2 changes.

I lowered TipRingVoltageAdjust to 3.1V - the ? mouseover said low-voltage countries should use a lower tipring voltage adjust so I lowered it all the way as 24v is definitely lower than 48v.

I changed the LineInUseVoltageThreshold to 20 - I probably could have gone lower but I wanted the threshold to be low enough to know when its back on hook. The default setting is 25 which is higher than the system was providing.

after making those 2 changes and rebooting I can make followup pages. Hopefully this will help anyone else running into a disconnect issue.