News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is sanity check page www.google.com/voice down?

Started by glnz6, February 28, 2020, 08:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glnz6

Was going to start my third port, and the first thing I wanted to do was the "sanity check" on my existing FIOS phone number that I will port into GV (using the two-step method if necessary).

So I went to https://www.google.com/voice/porting?pli=1 but I cannot connect to that web page.  

Constantly times out.  Right now it's Feb. 28 2020 at 11:28pm in NYC.

The web pages for Google Voice (on my older account) and gmail all seem to be working.

Is the www.google.com/voice page down?

Would you check and reply here your results?

Thanks.

glnz6

Seems to work on Chrome but not on Firefox.  Annoying.

SteveInWA

Google Voice's web site is not down.

By "constantly times out", do you mean that the page starts to load, but then sits there, usually with a circular "spinner" icon?

If that's the case, the cause is on your computer.  Some piece of software, such as uBlock Origin or Malwarebytes is blocking something required by Google Voice, or, you have a specific extension that is blocking it.

Do not block WebRTC or javascript.  Do not block any [*.]google.com cookies.  At least temporarily, disable all browser extensions and cookie blockers, clear the browser's cache, history and cookies, close and reopen the browser, and try again.