News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1022 and Voipo connection issues

Started by jingelsg, July 26, 2019, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingelsg

After connecting device, I attempt to configure Voipo. I get "Service Not Configured" message but I can call out, just not receiving calls. I am using my login and password for the Voipo site as the Username and VOIPo SIP Password. Any help would be appreciated.

drgeoff

Quote from: jingelsg on July 26, 2019, 07:28:14 PM
After connecting device, I attempt to configure Voipo. I get "Service Not Configured" message but I can call out, just not receiving calls. I am using my login and password for the Voipo site as the Username and VOIPo SIP Password. Any help would be appreciated.
Typically the SIP username and password are NOT the same as those for logging in to an account on a Service Provider's web server.  I don't have an account with VOIPo so don't know if that applies to them.

Update:  Having looked at the VOIPo's site it seems that they provide a pre-configured VoIP adaptor.  I'm guessing that your OBi1022 has not been supplied by them.

Log in to your account and look around for any FAQs on configuring a BYOD os a softphone.  Or ask VOIPo customer support.

Another Update: You could have done this yourself. https://voipo.com/help/article/does-voipo-offer-byod-bring-your-own-device-service-89.html tells you how to get the info you need.