News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dropped calls with white noise; intermittent no-line

Started by Justin7, July 24, 2019, 07:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin7

Hi folks,

What's the proper polarity for Obi 202 power adapter?

I see Obi's adapter is rated as 12V / 1A output but does NOT say which polarity it has. I have a spare adapter for 12V / 2A output with positive (center) polarity and want to make sure I don't fry anything if polarity is opposite on the Obi.

Background:

I've been using Obi202 with GoogleVoice numbers for almost 2 years. In the past few months I've been having worsening issues with interrupted dropped calls where all I suddenly hear is loud white noise as the call is dropped; and other times, I go to dial out a number and instead I get an error message about no response from internet provider and so I have to reboot the Obi device (sometimes, more than once).

I've already tried switching DNS to Google's and that did not help.

Another tip I saw on the forums is failing power adaptor so I wanted to give it a shot next.

Justin7

Thank you drgeoff, power adaptor with positive polarity worked (I found 12V/1A one), but unfortunately, the issue remains! After 40 minutes on the latest call, I got the white noise again and call got dropped!

Very frustrating :-(