News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to avoid ethernet connection

Started by 5YearOld, July 23, 2019, 11:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5YearOld

You've probably heard this question dozens of times now but here's another: I was wondering if there's a way to have the router wirelessly connect to the OBi200 without the Ethernet cable. My router and landline phone are in two different locations in my house and I don't want to be tripping over wires. If it is possible explain it to me like I just came out of the womb. Include everything from explanation to a step by step if you can. I'm five years old I don't understand this stuff. Much appreciated!

drgeoff

Quote from: 5YearOld on July 23, 2019, 11:26:58 PM
You've probably heard this question dozens of times now but here's another: I was wondering if there's a way to have the router wirelessly connect to the OBi200 without the Ethernet cable. My router and landline phone are in two different locations in my house and I don't want to be tripping over wires. If it is possible explain it to me like I just came out of the womb. Include everything from explanation to a step by step if you can. I'm five years old I don't understand this stuff. Much appreciated!
Buy an OBiWIFI5G. It plugs into the USB socket on an OBi200. See the picture in the Amazon advertisements in the box on the left hand side of this page.

5YearOld

Quote from: drgeoff on July 24, 2019, 02:03:48 AM
Buy an OBiWIFI5G. It plugs into the USB socket on an OBi200. See the picture in the Amazon advertisements in the box on the left hand side of this page.
How much quality is lost going from wired to wireless connection?
Some reviewers are saying the step by step process given on the Amazon's product page is inaccurate/not up to date. Is there another place that shows a step by step tutorial for setting it up?
Thanks for your help so far, mate.