News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 Power Adapter / Power Supply

Started by abac, August 03, 2019, 09:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abac

My friend gave me their OBi202 but forgot the power supply, they found something in their drawer but I question whether it's the correct adapter. It states "Output: 12V⎓1A max". When I Google the adapter for it I'm seeing a whole bunch of adapters with different outputs, all indicate 12V but some have a 2A current, some 2.1A, some 4A, some even 5A.

Is the following compatible?
https://m.imgur.com/a/UDM9TWm

Can anyone provide me the specs for their OBi202 power adapter? I would like to make sure I connect the correct power adapter.

drgeoff

That photo is an exact match for the label on the PSU that came with my Obi202.

If necessary, remind your friend to delete the OBi202 from his account at obitalk.com.  Until that is done the device cannot be added to a different account.

RFC3261

Quote from: abac on August 03, 2019, 09:38:19 PM
When I Google the adapter for it I'm seeing a whole bunch of adapters with different outputs, all indicate 12V but some have a 2A current, some 2.1A, some 4A, some even 5A.
FWIW, with a couple of rarer exceptions(*) one can always use a power supply that is capable of a higher amperage as long as the voltage is correct (the amperage rating is the capacity that *can* be delivered, not the actual usage).  One must use a supply of the correct voltage.

(*) Some extremely high amp (and typically extremely large) power supplies may not always regulate the voltage well at very low (to their design point) currents, but those types of power supplies are not general purpose wall warts/bricks/adapters.

RDRsv

Where can I get an original power cord? I haven't seen it anywhere & searching for the model#SA1210D1-NA
doesn't return any sellers
Any help please?

SteveInWA

Poly doesn't sell the power supplies individually.

If you are in the USA, buy this one; it is an ideal replacement:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNL5D56

mendaceqp

Quote from: RFC3261 on August 05, 2019, 09:00:12 AM
Quote from: abac on August 03, 2019, 09:38:19 PM
When I Google the adapter for it I'm seeing a whole bunch of adapters with different outputs, all indicate 12V but some have a 2A current, some 2.1A, some 4A, some even 5A. MyBKExperience
FWIW, with a couple of rarer exceptions(*) one can always use a power supply that is capable of a higher amperage as long as the voltage is correct (the amperage rating is the capacity that *can* be delivered, not the actual usage).  One must use a supply of the correct voltage.

(*) Some extremely high amp (and typically extremely large) power supplies may not always regulate the voltage well at very low (to their design point) currents, but those types of power supplies are not general purpose wall warts/bricks/adapters.

Thank you for posting something like this