News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Error 404 When Trying to Configure Google Voice

Started by CCanyon, May 17, 2018, 09:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCanyon

I just received my Obi200 device to try out google voice over a device such as this. I have successfully connected the device to my Obitalk account and am trying to configure SP1. I am running into error 404 after confirming my Google account though.

1. I go to SP1, and click "Setup Now" for google voice
2. I select the Google account I want to use.
3. I click Allow on the next page requesting access to view and send chat messages, and configure your device to make and receive voice calls.
4. It then asks to confirm the google voice account I wish to use, I click confirm.
5. Next it loads ERROR 404, below that it says "openresty/1.9.7.4"

To make sure this was not an ISP or firewall issue I tried it on another computer I have connected at a different location with different Internet provider, just to make sure it wasn't on my end.

I have a static IP address where the device is at, and I have configured the device with its own static IP on the Internal network as well.

Any suggestions?

kesh

I have been using Obi with GV for years. I have friends abroad who called me on my cell to tell me that they were unable to reach me on my Obi.  Then I found out that my Obi was down.

I tried to make an echo test call which gave me a 404 error message.  I have two Obi 200 boxes, I use one for fax and another for the phone.  Both are down with the same issue.  However, my friend's phone abroad was restored a little later while mine is still down.  I am sure it is Obi issue rather than a box issue.  I don't think both boxed would go down at the same time.

drgeoff

Quote from: kesh on August 08, 2019, 09:45:04 AM
I have been using Obi with GV for years. I have friends abroad who called me on my cell to tell me that they were unable to reach me on my Obi.  Then I found out that my Obi was down.

I tried to make an echo test call which gave me a 404 error message.  I have two Obi 200 boxes, I use one for fax and another for the phone.  Both are down with the same issue.  However, my friend's phone abroad was restored a little later while mine is still down.  I am sure it is Obi issue rather than a box issue.  I don't think both boxed would go down at the same time.
The **9 222 222 222 echo test was working for me less than 20 seconds before the time of this post.