News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Top 10 must have new features in upcoming firmware V1.3

Started by QBZappy, July 15, 2011, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhasden

Quote from: QBZappy on October 03, 2011, 03:09:29 PM
bhasden,

Great. I always hoped that 3rd party apps would start showing up. You would be the second that has offered an app which works with the OBi on this forum. There have been a few scripts developed around the OBi as well. I could be your first volunteer, however I don't have anyone calling me on my US telephone number since I am in located in Canada. I use it basically only for outgoing. I'm sure you'll get a few who will jump on this opportunity. This has already been requested by a few people.

How does it work? Can you have it do CID lookup for other numbers via an internet service as well or only limited to GV contacts?

Right now it only supports looking up contacts using your Google contacts. If the number is in Google, it will retrieve the name and display it using Growl. I'm in the middle of message around with adding modem support for anyone who has a machine with a modem to retrieve the caller id information from there along with adding support to pull caller information from another source like the WhitePages API. The software is in early beta stages right now which is why I need the help testing it.

QBZappy

bhasden,

Be the first to discuss your project here. Hope others will join the conversation.

3rd party apps development for the OBi 110/100

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1648.msg10563#msg10563
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.