News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Service Provider Selection for Outbound Calls

Started by KevKan, September 24, 2019, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevKan

Am I on the right track or have I missed something?   Will it work?

ObiHai 202 with SP1 = ITSP "A", the provider of e911 service
                     SP2 = GV Number
                     SP3 = ITSP "B"

Desired outbound call routing: 911 calls would go out on SP1, all other calls on SP2 and if it's busy, SP1, and if it's busy, SP3

I have Enabled Trunk Group 1, with TrunkList = sp2,sp1,sp3,pp

Outbound Call Route for bothPort 1 & Port 2:
   {911:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>
   (Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>
   (Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>
   (Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> DigitMap:
(911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Voice Services -> SP1 and SP2 Service: X_NoRegNoCall: Checked

Voice Services -> SP1, SP2 and SP3 Service: MaxSessions: 4

Voice Services -> Gateways and TGs -> Trunk Group 1
Trunk List: sp2,sp1,sp3
DigitMap: (Msp2)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1/2 Port -> Primary Line: Trunk Group 1

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1/2 Port -> OutboundCallRoute: Set to default

If the dialed number matches the TG1 DigitMap, it will be processed by the TG.
If number doesn't match SP2 DigitMap or the call fails, the TG will try SP1.
Same for SP1 and the call will go to SP3.

911 will not match SP2 DigitMap, so the TG will bypass SP2 and try SP1.
You don't need to modify the outbound route for 911.

If the SP is down, the TG will wait approx 30 seconds before trying the next trunk.
X_NoRegNoCall will eliminate the wait.

kunast

Thanks azrobert! This is the closest situation to my specific search of information. Could you, please, help me to configure OBI200 device the way mentioned here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16270.0  I would really appreciate your time!

KevKan

Thanks azrobert for providing me the solution.  I am now in the process of making the changes you suggested.

KevKan

azrobert

I'm also getting errors sending a PM, so here is my reply.

There was a bug causing no dial tone when setting the Primary Line to TG1. I assumed it was fixed, but maybe I'm wrong. Make sure you're at the current fw.

Download here:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

Anyway, the fix is to change the Primary Line back to SP1 and then override it with code.

The last rule in the Phone DigitMap is "(Mpli)" change it to "(Mtg1)"

The last rule in the Phone OutboundCallRoute is "{(Mpli):pli}" change it to "{(Mtg1):tg1}"

KevKan

Thanks azrobert.

System Status showed my firmware to be 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) without the 332148940.fw suffix.  I downloaded this version and when I attempted to install it , I received the following message "Previous version identical to the update. Firmware not modified"

After making the changes you suggested, I now get a Dial Tone when I go off hook.  After dialing a local 7 digit number, there is an 8 second pause followed by the reorder tone/fast busy signal.  This is true of both Line 1 and 2.
I assumed you wanted me to make the changes you suggested to both ports.

I am ready for more suggestions.   

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap:
(<1aaa>xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> DigitMap:
(911|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C General -> DigitMap:
(<1aaa>xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Replace aaa with your local area code.

KevKan

After making these changes, when I go off hook on either Line 1 or 2, I now fail to get a dial tone and receive the "ToneOnPrimarySeviceDown" which I have set to SIT1.

TODAY, 10/02/19, without making any changes it appears to work!!  

Hopefully I haven't accidentally tarnished your stellar reputation as the "Master" of the Obi Hai language here on the forum with my problem.   I also hope I haven't caused you to pull all of your hair out!!

I suspect the problem last night was possibly due to the fact I had lost registration with ITSP "A".  They only allow 4 devices to be simultaneously registered and I believe it re-registers each time you submit a change.  After four registrations you are locked out until one of the previous registrations expires which is about an hour.

I am puzzled why the call didn't go to SP 2, Google Voice, last night but it did tonight.

Thanks again Azrobert for all of your help!