News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up and using Speed Dial

Started by yaworski, September 25, 2019, 10:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaworski

Maybe I missed something but directions seem pretty sparse. 

I want to set up speed dial so that 1 calls my daughter, 2 calls my cell, 3 work, etc. 

I have an Obi 200 that has a basic land line phone plugged into it. 

Going into the speed dial section of the web site, there seems to be some codes to put in before the phone number and I've gathered that you dial the speed dial number by following the single digit with a "#".

How do I configure the numbers to put into the website?

azrobert

Define the speed dial number as: sp1(18005551212)
Save

Speed Dial 1 is usually reserved for the OBiTalk softphone.
You can use speed dial 1, but it requires using OBi Expert to configure it.

You can just dial the speed dial number, but there will be a 9 second delay.
Dialing a "#" after the speed dial number will eliminate the delay.
You can eliminate the delay without the "#", but it also requires OBi Expert to configure it.

yaworski

Ok.  I'm confused.  What I'm seeing is what I've attached.   Do I use the parens?

azrobert

A non-speed dial number is validated by matching a DigitMap rule then it is routed to a destination by the OutboundCallRoute. The call is sent to the Primary Line, default is SP1. If you want to override the routing, you can prefix the number with "**n". **9 will route a 9 digit OBi number to the OBiTalk network. "**2" will route the call to SP2.

You can code the speed dial exactly as described above and the number will be processed by the DigitMap and the OutboundCallRoute. Another option is to code the speed dial as suggested in my 1st post. The number will be sent directly to SP1 and the DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute processing will be bypassed. I think you can guess which method I prefer. 

Sheffield_Steve

You are way over thinking this.

Just add the phone number in as you would dial it, with an optional '#' on the end to speed up the dialing.  That's it.

e.g. 13115552368#

There are options to enhance it's use.  Do you need anything special?

Quote from: yaworski on September 26, 2019, 07:07:59 AM
Ok.  I'm confused.  What I'm seeing is what I've attached.   Do I use the parens?