News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200: Configuring SP1 for outgoing and SP2 for incoming calls

Started by kunast, September 25, 2019, 09:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunast

Here is my challenge with OBI200 and Vtech phone:
SP1 - is Google Voice - "connected"
SP2 - is Anveo - "registered"
How the handset could be configured (or settings set via computer) to make Google Voice work for outgoing calls only while Anveo for incoming calls?
I would really appreciate hearing about any experience with making this right way.

azrobert

Sign into your GV account.
Go to Settings (Click on the gear icon on the upper right).
Under Calls/My Devices turn off your OBiTalk Device.
Now GV inbound calls will not be routed to your OBi200.
Inbound Anveo calls routed to the OBi200 should be the default.

kunast

Oh, thank you for replying! I appreciate it. However it looks like I didn't make myself clear enough. Sorry. Let me re-word my concern: what I am trying to find out is how to configure my OBI200 in such way - so SP1 (Google Voice) would be assigned for making all outbound calls (except E911) while Anveo (SP2) will work for all incoming calls + only E911 number that will be considered for outbound with Anveo. I would really appreciate your help.

azrobert

Sign into your OBiTalk account.
Click on the gear icon to the right of your OBi200.
Click on the gear icon to the right of SP2.
Check the box for Emergency 911 calls.
Save

GV should be the default for all other outbound.

kunast

Wow! Is it really that simple?! I thought it should go through special programming, codes and commands... Will try it right away.Thanks a billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azrobert

Quote from: kunast on September 26, 2019, 09:42:17 AM
I thought it should go through special programming, codes and commands.

Actually, you are correct. Everything requires special programming. Some things you are able to supply a number or check a box and OBiTalk will do the programming for you. If you enter OBi Expert, you will be able to see the generated code.

kunast

Well, I wouldn't go to expert programming tab, unless knowing exactly what to do - from the experts like you :) By the way, I've followed your recommendation (thanks!) and it seems all works well. Anveo accepts calls while GV sends them out. I am just a little bit confused with E911. I made a test call, thinking it will go out from my Anveo number. However, the person on the other end told she got a number starting with 267 area code, while my area code is 613. Is this supposed to be that way with E911? And yes - I double-checked the settings and E911 is set with Anveo only.